PDA

View Full Version : Power steering

Nikola
22-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Hi chaps, where is the best place to get a replacement steering rack or rack rebuild kit please.

Thanks

elnevio
23-05-2017, 03:54 PM
You can try Mike at Viamoto www.viamoto.co.uk

Nick Mann
23-05-2017, 10:27 PM
Are you sure you need one? I have twice seen an mot fail for the rack which turned out to be both rack ends (aka tie rods or track rods).

Davezj
24-05-2017, 07:23 AM
I have also seen bad rack diagnosed as the source of knocking noise on the steering and it turned out to be the universal joint at the bottom of the steering column is either loose or warn out.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

jaspa
24-05-2017, 08:41 AM
My old FL was diagnosed as need a replacment rack following (if I remember correctly) an advisory on it's MOT. The previous owner supplied one for me which I never fitted and it passed another couple of MOTs fine without changing.

I think I still have it in the shed, still in it's packaging so if you need one, let me know. It's been there for 3-4 years now though, I don't know if that would have a detrimental effect on it.

Stuart

Nikola
29-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Pretty sure i need a new rack. Got fluid coming out of either end of the gaiters.

Nikola
29-05-2017, 02:43 PM
My old FL was diagnosed as need a replacment rack following (if I remember correctly) an advisory on it's MOT. The previous owner supplied one for me which I never fitted and it passed another couple of MOTs fine without changing.

I think I still have it in the shed, still in it's packaging so if you need one, let me know. It's been there for 3-4 years now though, I don't know if that would have a detrimental effect on it.

Stuart
Price please? Thanks

jaspa
30-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Price please? Thanks

I'll open it tomorrow evening and get a pic to make sure it is what you need/what I think it is, I'll drop you a pm.

Stuart