PDA

View Full Version : Unichip at list

stonegr
26-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Yes i am goin to fit the Unichip on wensdayINSERT INTO post VALUES (30July). I let you know about the changes on permormance INSERT INTO post VALUES (i am going to take it on 1,2 bar):wiggle: :wavey: :hurrah: :p :D :cool: :) ;)

The UNICHIP can also be used for the following functions

*Change switch over points for variable cam timing control INSERT INTO post VALUES (VTEC, VVT, etc.)
*Electronic boost control
*Water injection
*Override speed limiter
*Drive additional injectors
*Raise your rev limiter
*Achieve progressive nitrous control with retarded timing
*Provide launch control on turbocharged applications
*Replace mechanical ignition system with mapped ignition
*Optimize timing and fuel map settings
*Easily re-programmable
*Real time tuning via laptop

stonegr
26-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Heres a pic of Dastec Unichip

pjjohnson
28-07-2003, 09:05 AM
A word of caution - a Unichip is been fitted to my car successfully, but there are problems with the mapping - apparently its not a standard installation that has never been done before. The fuel map is causing problems to support more than 0.9 bar. Its been with the tuners for three weeks, now waiting for an air/fuel regulator.

Has your dealer done it before, or got any info about people who have done it before ?

Good luck.

stonegr
02-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by pjjohnson
A word of caution - a Unichip is been fitted to my car successfully, but there are problems with the mapping - apparently its not a standard installation that has never been done before. The fuel map is causing problems to support more than 0.9 bar. Its been with the tuners for three weeks, now waiting for an air/fuel regulator.

Has your dealer done it before, or got any info about people who have done it before ?

Good luck.

Yes my tuner have done it many many times, he install the unichip today without any problems. Now my boost presure is only 1.0 bar because of the bleed valve. I will take it on 1,2 bars but only with EVC. The car is perfect. Mostly in uper range of rev. The 0-100km now is 5,8secs from 6,5sec.

INSERT INTO post VALUES (i ask my tuner about your problem and he told me that some tuners doing the remaping acording the throtle positionINSERT INTO post VALUES (this is the ''by the book'' way). My tuner do his remapings on turbocharged cars with a map senson istallation ''this is an expirience way''. And there is no need of any air/fuel regulator.
I hope i help you my friend. INSERT INTO post VALUES (sorry about my english)

pjjohnson
02-08-2003, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info, its good to hear that the Unichip can be made to work OK and your car is perfect now.

Mine still isn't done.:Cry1:

eavr-4
06-08-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by stonegr
Yes my tuner have done it many many times, he install the unichip today without any problems. Now my boost presure is only 1.0 bar because of the bleed valve. I will take it on 1,2 bars but only with EVC. The car is perfect. Mostly in uper range of rev. The 0-100km now is 5,8secs from 6,5sec.

INSERT INTO post VALUES (i ask my tuner about your problem and he told me that some tuners doing the remaping acording the throtle positionINSERT INTO post VALUES (this is the ''by the book'' way). My tuner do his remapings on turbocharged cars with a map senson istallation ''this is an expirience way''. And there is no need of any air/fuel regulator.
I hope i help you my friend. INSERT INTO post VALUES (sorry about my english)

Hi,

I am running Genration 2 Unichip...but can't seem to overcome the boost/Fuel cut at 1.0bar....can you check with your tuner? What do you mean by "map sensor installation"??

EA

pjjohnson
06-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Hello ea,

I've just got my car today form having the unichip[ fitted. It is running up to 1.2 bar with the Unichip and HKS EVC IV. The installation needed the optional 3D MAP INSERT INTO post VALUES (Manifold Absolute Pressure ) module which enables 3d mapping against revs/throttle position/boost. It also needed an uprated fuel pressure regulator to supply enough fuel.

Hope this helps.

-LegnumVR4-
11-08-2003, 09:09 AM
So how does it run? Much quicker? Post some times when you are able to get them.

stonegr
11-08-2003, 12:15 PM
The car is perfect. Mostly in uper range of rev. The 0-100km now is 5,8secs from 6,5secs.
The 0-400m now is 14,00 from 14,8.
The feelling of driving the VR4 now is much more smoother. No need to change from 5INSERT INTO post VALUES (gear) to 4 to pass someone on highway. I feel torque is everywere INSERT INTO post VALUES (i know that's not possible) but before unichip torqe was on low rpm's. Now i feel the extra power on low and on high rpm's as well.From 5.500rpm to 7.000 the engine accelerates much more faster now. i think this is hapening because of the timing and fuel remaping on high rev INSERT INTO post VALUES (more fuel=more power). Anyway i cant describe it because my english is not so good but i recomend to evryone the dastec unichip with the dastec map sensor.INSERT INTO post VALUES (And a good boost control like blitz specR, wich its big soleinoid can keep more stable the boost presure, and run on 1,2bars).

stonegr
11-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Ok here its a pic with the Dastec Unichip an the Map Sensor.

pjjohnson
11-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Stones Unichip is working better than mine, I'd be happy with a 14 sec quarter on 1 bar boost. The improvements seen so far on mine have been marginal. What Stone is describing is just what I wanted, more go at the top end as the HKS EVC had already added plenty in the lower and mid range.

I do not believe it has been mapped correctly, INSERT INTO post VALUES (or even at all !) but we shall see in a couple of weeks.

eavr-4
21-08-2003, 12:48 PM
Ok here its a pic with the Dastec Unichip an the Map Sensor.

Helo Stone!

Finally heeding ur advise...upgrading my Gneration 2 Unichip the the G3 you illustrated...true enuff the Unichip local dealer here takes trade-in offers!

On-top-of that his giving me a package deal.

Trade-in my Generation 2 unichip for

1) Generation 3 Unichip
2) 3D MAP sensor INSERT INTO post VALUES (Turbo Module)
3) Automatic Water spray module with complete hose/pump/2 dimisting nozzles

All of the above includes installation and tuning for S$750...

Looking forward to the "upgrade"..will update you if there is much differnce....

EA

richieelliott
22-08-2003, 09:42 AM
pj is all this available in the uk? and what are the costs if so?

-LegnumVR4-
26-08-2003, 09:29 AM
With Exhaust, filter and the Turbosmart E-Boost i can do a 14sec 1/4 mile @97mph. E-Boost is $850nz.

Like to know what i could do with another ECU:Ponder:

pjjohnson
27-08-2003, 06:14 PM
The Unichip and 3d boost module is available - don't know for certain about the water controller but I suspect it is.

The cost from Nobles in Chesterfield is £658 INSERT INTO post VALUES ( inc VAT) which includes installation and mapping on a 4wd rolling road.

eavr-4
28-08-2003, 03:08 PM
Tomorrow is the installation day!

Will update on the results.

All the neceessary harness and wiring + vacuum hose has been done yesterday ... but was running late so the mechanic did not install the new chip+turbo module.

Tomorrow will finishup the installtion plus the water spray nozzols, pump and water spray module.

It will be road tuned as opposed to dyno..according to tuner it provides better feel...not sure if its true but difference of S$280 for 4WD dyno...any advise??

EA

stonegr
24-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by eavr-4
Tomorrow is the installation day!

Will update on the results.

All the neceessary harness and wiring + vacuum hose has been done yesterday ... but was running late so the mechanic did not install the new chip+turbo module.

Tomorrow will finishup the installtion plus the water spray nozzols, pump and water spray module.

It will be road tuned as opposed to dyno..according to tuner it provides better feel...not sure if its true but difference of S$280 for 4WD dyno...any advise??

EA

So??? Any news? What happend?

eavr-4
01-10-2003, 08:07 AM
Hmm..

Still testing the configuration.

Oh...the package included "tuning"

All the systems are up and running now. Its also been road tuned...so far can feel that its much - much more responsive compared to V2.

All most instant reaction once you step on the throttle.

However, my boost is not running very well I think...best results is 0-100KM/h is 6.4sec Quarter mile 14.7sec. My VR4 is Type V with Invecs II transmission INSERT INTO post VALUES (ie Automatic).

Just came back from a trip up Genting Highlands INSERT INTO post VALUES (Malaysia - 5600 ft above sea level). Dramatic improvement in Torque!

I was climbing up the hills on 4th Gear! INSERT INTO post VALUES (Car loaded with 2 Adults and 1 child and 4 luggages and a pram).

Water spray is working, not sure its much difference as it does not spray fine mist INSERT INTO post VALUES (Aquamist); but high speed driving is ok.

Was doing over 160km/h on the freeway, had a bit of a game with a 3.0L camry pulling away from 170km/h to 192km/h on 5th no sweat! petrol consumption overall had also improved. Drove 387km yesterday from Genting back to Singapore used 39 litres INSERT INTO post VALUES (Pump full upon departure, fill up again in JB). Average speed on the freeway was 130km/h.

EA

stonegr
02-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by eavr-4
Hmm..

...However, my boost is not running very well I think...best results is 0-100KM/h is 6.4sec Quarter mile 14.7sec. My VR4 is Type V with Invecs II transmission INSERT INTO post VALUES (ie Automatic)....

EA

Hmmm.. 0-100km/h in 6.4 and Quarter mile 14.7sec???
These are stock VR4s times:confused:
What was your best times before you install Dastec Unichip?

I think Type V is the manual VR4 and the automatic Type S.
Or am i wrong ?????

eavr-4
05-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Hmmm.. 0-100km/h in 6.4 and Quarter mile 14.7sec???
These are stock VR4s times
What was your best times before you install Dastec Unichip?

I think Type V is the manual VR4 and the automatic Type S.
Or am i wrong ?????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invecs II is optional for both Type V and S.

As for the timings...stock is approx 7.5sec and quarter mile 15+ sec maybe due to our high humidity and temperature...

INSERT INTO post VALUES (Even at night its abt 27-30 degrees)

EA

eavr-4
19-10-2003, 09:31 AM
So??? Any news? What happend?

Hi Stonegr,

Could not sleep last nite...so took the car out for a spin...temp. was 26 degrees...adjusted the boost controller to do a 1.1 bar run......

New record for my car....0-100km/h was 5.7sec and Quarter mile was 14.2 sec...satisfactory!!!

Did a hp calculation...not that bad...should be abt 251.95hp at the wheels and 327.54hp at the flywheel

Overall satisfied!

EA