PDA

View Full Version : Hello out there!

Pescha
27-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Mmmmm been very quite this board, I wonder why? HEHE!

Anyway I hope you guys are having a fantastic time... I'm thinking of ya! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Cheers,
Pescha!

SGHOM
27-07-2003, 10:38 AM
just set off this morning to go to japfest, & called petrol station to fill up. & spotted puddle under car !:Cry1: gearbox leaking & leaking bad !! around 2 drops per second !:Cry1: not sure if thats covered by warranty or not . had to turn round & crawl back home. only had the car 2 weeks :mad:

Pescha
27-07-2003, 10:42 AM
I'd take it back to the dealer and get them to fix it! Cause you must have a consumers gurantee act, that allows you to take it back within a month if theres something wrong!

I know we do here in New Zealand.

Keep us inform how you get on!

Cheers,
Pescha!

SGHOM
27-07-2003, 10:50 AM
i'll try that first, cheers. still need to use the car locally though, just have to keep it topped up. on a different note, my neighbour & best mate should be arriving in Aukland about now, sadly due to his father being gravley ill.not far from hamilton I think ??

Pescha
27-07-2003, 11:18 AM
It's about 1 1/2 hours from Auckland Airport to Hamilton. I live 30 mins north of Hamilton in a 7500 population town called Huntly! So I'm an hour south of the Auckland Airport.

Sorry to hear your neighbours dad is ill, hope he gets better soon.

Cheers,
Pescha!

Brind
27-07-2003, 08:26 PM
It won't be quiet for long!!! :D

Sorry to hear that mate! could be the old £10 oil seal problem that requires gearbox etc out! to replace.:INSERT INTO post VALUES (
Should be done under warraty without a problem.:)

SGHOM
27-07-2003, 09:34 PM
ever wondered you've got your leg in buying a car ?? apart from warning lights, funny voices, oil leaks etc. its now missfiring !:Cry1: definate missfire on tickover, & when setting off up to about 1000 rpm or so. after that its fine apart from it hunting for third gear occasionally, this afternoon under moderate acceleration, [ about 50% throttle, ] 1st to second was fine , but 2nd to 3rd ? seemed to make 2 or 3 attemts to engage.:Ponder: & revved higher until it found it ?? Am I just a worrier , or do I detect gearbox probs ? for me it begs the question, do I try to get the leak fixed under warranty, or do I wait & see if the box is gonna let go ???

lisa
27-07-2003, 10:13 PM
ohhh the jumpy gear thing sounds ohh so familiar !

We had the same problem....

Luckily ours was not a leak, it was just bone dry !:nono:
Pulled the dip stick out and it was shiney, not a drop of transmission fluid to be seen.

We just filled ours up via the dip stick hole with Dextron III transmission fluid, now changes like a dream.

Just goes to show how tough these little babies can be.

Lisa

SGHOM
27-07-2003, 10:41 PM
I've noticed the a lot of you post details of the ICE you've got ?? WHY ?? who needs ICE when you've got a 2.5 ltr V6 purring through that HKS exhaust :)

Brind
28-07-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by interlec
I've noticed the a lot of you post details of the ICE you've got ?? WHY ?? who needs ICE when you've got a 2.5 ltr V6 purring through that HKS exhaust :)

Never hurts to brag mate! :D
To be honest I never switch it on when it's just me driving the car.
I'm always listening to the car, to ensure it is running okay, that isn't directed at the VR-4, I do the same in all cars, I like to know the second if something doesn't sound quite right.

SGHOM
28-07-2003, 07:29 PM
only having had the car a couple of weeks, I'm still not up to speed with what sounds right & what doesn't !:confused: just off out right for a blast & I presume my missfire when the engine is warmed up is still there.

Roadrunner
28-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Gearbox is VERY susceptible to having the correct amount of fluid in it. If the level is below the mark at all, expect to experience some degraded performance form the box. The level needs to be checked with the fluid warm and the engine running, btw.

Brian