View Full Version : im back home

zedy1
27-07-2003, 07:57 PM
safely!!!!!

Brind
27-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Hello mate!
Good to hear.. me too.

Bloody long way coming back though, we got stuck on the M1 for almost an hour and it was literally stop start for about 7 miles, probably doesn't sound much but it was enough to pi** me off. :)
Walked in the door about half hour ago.

zedy1
27-07-2003, 08:30 PM
wasnt too bad but got pi**ed off by the traffic doing 65mph inthird lane when first and second were empty

Brind
27-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Tell me about it, we had that too, once we were moving everything was cruising at spot on 70, can't really complain because at least it was moving then, I just wanted to go faster! :)

Did anything happen to your car on the way back.. anymore smoking from your dashboard? :eek: :D

It took bloody ages trying to get out of the Aquadrome aswell.. we kinda went cross country to cut through but still ended up in a huge que.
Did you go 'the quick exit' or whatever it was? when you took that route their was loads of American style hillbilly homes with pikey kids on bikes waving and shouting at us.. :D

:gun1: :wavey:

zedy1
27-07-2003, 08:55 PM
yeah car was fine! i too took the so called quick exit but noone seemed to be using the normal exit so that wouldave been a quick exit too.

zedy1
27-07-2003, 08:57 PM
seems like theres noone online today all of them proberly catching on their sleep. Ill proberly end up going to bed as soon as it gets dark:o :o :o

Spirit
27-07-2003, 10:07 PM
We got back to Plymouth at 8.30 - no problems once out of JAE via the "quick" exit !

We followed Barry down as far as Oxford then cut across to Swindon - then a steady 80-90 all the way home !

BraindG
27-07-2003, 10:18 PM
I got home safe and well... got in about 30 minutes ago.. checked out video footage.. INSERT INTO post VALUES (which is ok will post best bits from it)

was a wonderfull weekend, great bunch of people you all are, and thanks for attending, its you who makes it what it is.. thanks again..!!

Barry

SGHOM
27-07-2003, 10:32 PM
wish I could have made it !:mad: glad to see you all had a great time :) next time, I'll be there !

BraindG
27-07-2003, 10:38 PM
yup, its a shame :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( but as you said, heres till next time!!

Ailsa
27-07-2003, 10:58 PM
We got home safe to! - Took about 6 1/2 hours or so - but the roads were fairly clear all the way up. Good to meet some of you. Shame we missed you Brind - I think you were away oggling nice cars and shiney bits when we came past. :p

LOMY
28-07-2003, 10:33 AM
Alright Zedy,

Left the Shell Garage about 1 minute after you and tried to catch you up but didnt see you INSERT INTO post VALUES (Could hear your ICE though). You must have floored it when you left. Anyway, it was good to meet another Lancashire VR4 lad.

Cheers

PAUL
28-07-2003, 10:52 AM
I got home in time for the footy which was ****e! but the blues still won.

Brilliant Weekend and good turn out, nice to put names to faces.

See you all soon.

All the Best.

Paul K:)

Darren
28-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Lisa and myself got home without incident and I immediately cleaned my car, turns out it actually white INSERT INTO post VALUES (joke for those who didn't see it)

Thanks for letting me share the stand as I really didn't expect to be amongst it like that. Cheers for all the help with my car and good advice.

We had to slope off earlier than expected because my uncle had been taken to hospital :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( and we need to collect our son earlier than expected.

Zedy I really believe that you could market that bass as an alternative to colonic irrigation 'cos it shook the sh*t out of me.

Again, many thanks for the warm welcome.

Darren

Pescha
28-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Hi guys, so pleased that you are all back safe and sound!

Cheers,
Pescha!

Brind
28-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Ailsa
We got home safe to! - Took about 6 1/2 hours or so - but the roads were fairly clear all the way up. Good to meet some of you. Shame we missed you Brind - I think you were away oggling nice cars and shiney bits when we came past. :p

We weren't there on the Saturday, but I was looking everywhere to find your car!!! I kept on mentioning it but everytime we came back to base I forgot to ask if you were about and where you were.. I've seen pictures of your car and really wanted to see it as it was yours that inspired me to want one!!
I'll catch you next time I'm sure! :)
As for the oggling.. you ain't wrong there, but it wasn't just the cars that caught my attention! ;) :D

Glad you all got home safe and sound, and as just been said, you all seem very nice and a great friendly bunch! couldn't wish for better club members!

With the 10/11 cars we had this time and about 5 that were with us last time but not this time we should easily have about 15 of us next time! and if all you others that are able to attend come it would be excellent!! I've never done this sought of thing before and never really thought I'd enjoy it as much as I have done, it really is superb! I'm gonna be at ALL of the future meets!

See you all soon! :)

bonsai boy
28-07-2003, 09:58 PM
hi glad to here everyone got home ok.
it was good to meet up with you all.
waited 1-1/2 hours to leave by then had a clean run
out of site and home. :D

thanks to everyone for making it
a great weekend all the best graham
:boing2:

zedy1
28-07-2003, 10:07 PM
thats great everyone home safely. pete INSERT INTO post VALUES (lomy) wasnt flooring it untill one guy pi**ing me off by pulling in n out without signal in a sh*te hyundai

Simon
29-07-2003, 10:04 PM
just got home....48 hours for 70 miles...thats a record! took a wrong turn, ended on M25 went round three times and found ourselves eventually in Inverness. £600 fuel bill and a car full of fast food wrappers.....going to bed now and waking up in time for Santa Pod:devil2: :devil2: Great Venue, Great time, Great people C U Soon