PDA

View Full Version : V6 Estate vs Saloon

cwgt93
18-08-2017, 06:03 PM
I've been looking for a nice V6 saloon for a couple of years now, there's been very slim pickings and I've never really paid attention to estates.

I imagine the estates to be alot more sluggish and barge like than the saloons, therefore just haven't even considered them. The performance figures suggest they are the same, however surely the estate's are much heavier?

Can anyone chip in with their experiences of saloons/estates?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Amonlym
18-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Tech specs suggest only 50-60kg in it - don't take a passenger and you are the same. the estate is however about 10cm longer (at the rear). Strangely i have found visibility in the legnum to be better than a saloon (with rear wing). Other than sounding little more "boomey" with road noise, you wouldn't notice tbh.

going from a v6 sport saloon to vr4 legnum - the legnum feels *much* better to drive. the size and heft haven't damaged handling at all (fire up AYC and it is improved) and the ride is a lot better. more communicative while also less jarring.

cwgt93
18-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Tech specs suggest only 50-60kg in it - don't take a passenger and you are the same. the estate is however about 10cm longer (at the rear). Strangely i have found visibility in the legnum to be better than a saloon (with rear wing). Other than sounding little more "boomey" with road noise, you wouldn't notice tbh.

going from a v6 sport saloon to vr4 legnum - the legnum feels *much* better to drive. the size and heft haven't damaged handling at all (fire up AYC and it is improved) and the ride is a lot better. more communicative while also less jarring.Thanks for the input, there's a stunning one just come up for sale on autotrader, bit pricey though.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nick Mann
18-08-2017, 08:23 PM
The saloon does feel a little more spritely, straight line and cornering. But there is not a huge amount in it IMO. What the estate gains in practicality more than offsets the very minor performance loss.