PDA

View Full Version : Headunit not sitting in correct place

karbonology
23-08-2017, 11:26 PM
I have bought one of these fancy Android headunits, double DIN 6.95 inch.

Unfortunately it's disappeared inside the dash 🙈 Wasn't supplied with a cage but most these days don't come with them. The car came with no headunit fitted so I'm not sure what if anything is missing? I have 2 metal sides but they appear to be floating and not connected to anything. Am I missing anything?

Atik
24-08-2017, 09:19 AM
The two metal plates screw to the side of your stereo. Should match up with the holes to the sides. The plates then bolt in with two/four 10mm bolt type screws at the back and sit in some tabs to the front of the dash area.

Confused
24-08-2017, 09:26 AM
I have hacked away a bit at my dash in the past to fit a CarPC screen, but you can kind of see the little tabs on the metal brackets (4 in total, wrapped in some black tape), and that they slot into the dash - only the top two on mine currently slot into the dash, but all 4 should.

Then, as Atik said, there are 2 screws at the back (accessible from underneath the stereo) which then hold it in place.

karbonology
26-08-2017, 12:31 AM
Yeah I'm missing screws then as my 2 plates are free floating, shouldn't be hard to locate some.

The headunit is an aftermarket and I'm almost sure can with a bag of little screws

Confused
26-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Any old screws will work so long as they go tight!