PDA

View Full Version : Midlands Meet Pix

bernmc
19-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Thought I'd get it going then. Great to meet the boys & girls & offspring! And a ride in Interlecs NOS-powered beastie ... :leer:

I went to Donnington straight from work, so had a wander around before everyone arrived. Was a Lotus Exhibition, so there were thousands of the bloody things everywhere- kept treading on the little things.

Unfortunately, only had my mobile, so pics are tiny & poor! Don't know how the Noble snuck into the display park... this is the car I'd have if I had the cash. Other pics of the park don't really give the full effect - the cars arrived in colour-coded convoy, and then parked like that - so sea o red Lotuses, then white, etc etc.

Er, I'll have a white one, two reds & a black please :D

bernmc
19-03-2005, 07:13 PM
And a big thanks to Jimbo for taxi service while the sheepmobile rested in the car park for the return journey :D

enigma
19-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Its a real shame that the pics dont do justice to the colour coded Elans! We watched in awe as they came out of Donington Services

20 Greens
20 Yellows
20 Reds
20 Blues

it was truly a feat of organising that we should aspire to as a club! Top marks to the Elan owners club!

Was good to meet the newer members and I was glad that my rant didn't come true! Thanks guys and gals for turning up and thanks to Nick for his efforts, especially for finding a pub with adequate parking :rolleyes4

SGHOM
19-03-2005, 07:33 PM
especially for finding a pub with adequate parking :rolleyes4
stop moaning Dave !! we got............................err................ ........3 cars in !! :inquisiti :thumbsup:

Brunty
19-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Was good to meet the newer members and I was glad that my rant didn't come true!

After that rant I would have cycled to the meet ..... you put the fear of God in me /grr

Jimbo
19-03-2005, 07:52 PM
It was good to see the famous sheep mobile in the flesh, and great to meet everyone today - lots of new faces for me too, good to meet you all.

Here's some pics that I took late in the day....sorry I didn't get everybodys, I completely forgot I had my camera until Derek reminded me!

From first photo, the order is (R-L): Jimbo's, Pezza's, Nick's, BDA's, Interlec's, psbarham's.

Last photo is Rally205/Red's & Smokinmasta's

Jimbo
19-03-2005, 07:57 PM
1. Red/Rally205's & Smokinmasta's again.
2. Nick's
3. Paul and Bern try to console Marcus on the state of his engine bay /lol
4. John, Derek, Nick and Dave - plotting, no doubt about Nitrous and boost gauges ;)
5. Customary CVR4 widows (and orphans!!) pic.....Jane and Emily excepted of course ;)

Jimbo
19-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Gahhh, these pictures looked fantastic on my computer, but had to shrink them to teeny tiny size to post them, only for them to get blown up to big sizes again :rolleyes4

RED
19-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Cracking photos Jimbo :thumbsup:

We felt so ashamed of the engine bay that going down the M1 Marcus said that he was going to jet it down this week and get rid of the crud. Then all I'll need is somone to make me some pipes and we can do our own cheap version of the cusco piping kit that looks so good on Dan G's /yes

Oh and can we not tell Kieran about the engne bay bit.. Ta :rolleyes4

RED
19-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Gahhh, these pictures looked fantastic on my computer, but had to shrink them to teeny tiny size to post them, only for them to get blown up to big sizes again :rolleyes4

Not a problem for me - I always look better in blurred photos /lol :curtain:

Dan_G
19-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Good photos :thumbsup:

I need to get to a meet...... :embarasse Just aberdeen is so bloomin far from everywhere......

I was still having VR4 fun.... coz I was busy with the car....... started fitting my AVC-R /yes ......

RED....... tut tut on the scruff engine bay.... :P

looks good on the outside though :thumbsup:

Dan

psbarham
19-03-2005, 10:08 PM
first off i would like to thank everyone for a most excellent day ,and for putting up with the kids who were both in a grump . it was great to meet people as well and put names to faces , the drive through the countryside was highly entertaining ,especialy trying to keep up with derick mind you not as much difference as i thought there would be, still to much though :embarasse . Oh and while i'm on the subject of derick all i heard on the way home was "can we get a vr4" or "can we get nitrous" all this from the woman who wouldn't let me get a VR4 in the first place , you just can't win with them can you. all in all i was very impressed with all the cars that turned up especialy while we all stood around at donington and the 'family' cars parked in a row got more looks than all the lotus's (or should that be lotii ?) and porsches that were there :smug: . thanks again and hopefully we can do it again soon.

caishanvr4
19-03-2005, 11:13 PM
HI ALL

I would just like to say the warmest thank yous to everyone i met at the meet today. You guys made me feel so welcome that i felt ive known yous for years. Oh the feelin i got when i turned into the castle don and saw a line up of galants was undiscribeable. I thought every one,s car on show was special INTERLEC & BDA legnums look awesome in the flesh !!! JIMBOS BRAKES, how the hell did those fit on there!! Anyway me and interlec are hatching a plan /yesto relieve jimbo of his brakes and swapping them for my standards just so he feel the real stopping power hes so longed for:huh2:. I bagsy the front OK interlec.
The pub grub looked very nice, just wish i could've stayed longer to sample it but a frying pan /grr in the head or an object of that sort would have been greeting me

caishanvr4
19-03-2005, 11:51 PM
(carrying on from last post )
on my arrival at home if i was late :smash::furious3:
all in all i had a great day out and could very well be at JAPFEST,
Hopefully by then my Type V will be looking very different ;)
First mod BRAKES

:end: That petrol station by the pub is making a killing on super unleaded. Not realising how FCUK^NG expensive it was 98.9 i stopped filling up at £20
369 miles in two days, 310 of them today.
HOW MUCH SIR, thats £80 to you sir.
THANK YOU

now interlec, about jimbos brakes ......................

SGHOM
20-03-2005, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=psbarham]especialy trying to keep up with derick mind you not as much difference as i thought there would be QUOTE]
ahem/cough :embarasse err.............. paul ?? I was only trying to keep a safe distance between myself & Nick !! when he pulled away, I just eased the throttle a little to keep up !! :rolleyes4 :evil2:

psbarham
20-03-2005, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=psbarham]especialy trying to keep up with derick mind you not as much difference as i thought there would be [QUOTE]
ahem/cough :embarasse err.............. paul ?? I was only trying to keep a safe distance between myself & Nick !! when he pulled away, I just eased the throttle a little to keep up !! :rolleyes4 :evil2:
:embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse /help :sad3:

psbarham
20-03-2005, 11:44 AM
well i finally found the cable for the camera so here are the best ones ,btw the lights are on on mine not to make it stand out with all the vr4's there but because jack my 18mth old was sat in the drivers seat and found the switches much to his liking

SGHOM
21-03-2005, 08:47 PM
HEY !!! at least I can upload pictures now ! :thumbsup: sorry it's the same as most of the others ! :embarasse

psbarham
21-03-2005, 08:58 PM
not very good photo's there derick ,needs a v6 in it to bring the quality up to a higher level /yes

DaveLee71
21-03-2005, 09:22 PM
If you screw your eyes up the first pics aren't so bad!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Kieran
21-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Oh and can we not tell Kieran about the engne bay bit.. Ta :rolleyes4

Too late!! I've seen the picture!!!! /grr :thumbsdow /wall :stop: :rifle: /whip :shout: :furious3: >|

I've seen some mucky VR-4 engine bays in my time, Louis and the late (God Bless) Pete Johnson's spring instantly to mind! But I think we have a new winner here!

GET IT WASHED BEFORE JAPFEST OR THERE WILL BE TROUBLE AT' MILL!!!! :furious3:

bernmc
21-03-2005, 10:35 PM
If you screw your eyes up the first pics aren't so bad!!!!!!!!!!
Hee! This actually works!

psbarham
21-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Hee! This actually works!
trust you to try it out

bernmc
21-03-2005, 11:26 PM
trust you to try it out My fragile little mind is a fertile field:rolleyes4 !