PDA

View Full Version : Egr delete and mapping

V6Andy
10-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Has anyone done an egr delete on the 2.5 v6. Ive had a look around the bay and theres pipes everywhere and have no idea where to start?

Also ive spoke to a few places over the past few months that say they cannot map the ECU in the v6 non turbo and only one place said they could but it would be expensive because they'd need to buy a program to hack into this specific ECU, any information on this would be brilliant.

elnevio
12-10-2017, 09:05 PM
I don't think the 2.5 V6 has an EGR? The 2.4 GDI 4-pot does, partly due to its supposed package of economy benefits.

The N/A ECU can be tuned, but general consensus is that Mitsubishi did a very good job with it in the first place so the potential gains from that avenue are negligible.

V6Andy
20-10-2017, 03:00 AM
My 2.5 v6 2003 definitely has an EGR, i had it on a snap on code reader last year and it came up with something to do with the EGR recirculation, there is so many pipes coming off it i dont no where to start.

As for the ecu does it have to be opened up or can it be tuned direct by the obd port? Any gain is better than 175bhp ive squeezed out so far and that's just by a straight through system alone.

Thanks for replying. Andy.

Nick Mann
20-10-2017, 08:05 AM
8th gen Galants are notoriously bad at obd2 readers. There is a flashy dash method of fault code finding which is the only reliable way of finding them.

V6Andy
14-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Any idea how to do a flashy dash, there should be a sequence right?

elnevio
14-11-2017, 07:00 PM
You short pins 1 and 4 on the OBD connector and count the long and short flashes from the various error lights. Steady flashing means no error codes stored in that particular system.