PDA

View Full Version : Ticking from climate control

legnumlewis
26-10-2017, 02:34 AM
I have a 1997 Legnum vr4 and every time i turn my car on with either climate control on or off and a loud ticking starts and keeps going for about 30s - 1min. The only way to stop the ticking at the start is to turn the temperature way up. does anyone know what this is or how to fix it.

Nick Mann
26-10-2017, 12:27 PM
I've seen something similar before. If you remove the panel by the drivers left leg you can see a lot of the mechanical movement of the ventilation. (You might see some without even moving the panel, I don't quite remember.) The ticking I saw was one of the rods being jammed and not moving far enough to get to the end of its travel. Messing about seemed to free it up and solve the problem.

Amonlym
26-10-2017, 01:54 PM
On another car (not Mitsubishi) I have seen that caused by stripped teeth on the mechanism meaning it cannot wind the mixer fully open / closed. might also be a faulty end of travel micro switch (don't know if we have those, but if we do...). Hopefully it is as Nick says!

Piers1989
15-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Semi related to this, my car has lost the ability to control where the air goes!
I can select other options, but no matter what it just blows out the "front". No noises for me though, just nothing happens.

I assume there is some kind of flap somewhere on a rotating rod? Maybe that's stuck - anyone know where to look for this?
I'll take a look by the drivers left leg when I get a moment.

Nick Mann
15-11-2017, 07:21 PM
From memory, there are several by the clutch pedal ish.