PDA

View Full Version : Gear Link

ProjectVR4
21-11-2017, 03:05 PM
I have just had a new trans put in ( auto ) my Vr4 and i was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem i have been having. when i put the car into drive it will roll off and then go into neutral almost as if it is not clicking into gear, but if i put it into drive and pull hard back on it it goes into drive, so im just wondering if there is an adjusment lever somewhere that i can adjust so it will go into gear, car works perfectly fine in Tiptronic mode btw. Hopefully someone can help me

elnevio
21-11-2017, 04:13 PM
In the engine bay, underneath the air intake and intercooler pipe, is the white quarter-circle shaped selector on top of the gearbox. Check this is in the right position when using the lever, and I think there might be some adjustment available at that end? Otherwise, I believe there is adjustment in the cable under the centre console just forward of the gearstick. Someone might have to confirm where the adjustment is, but you can at least check the selector on the gearbox.

Davezj
21-11-2017, 10:07 PM
Put the car in neutral and the free arm of the selector on the top of the gear box with the hole in it should line up with the hole underneath.
If it does not align perfectly, undo the nut holding the cable move the arm to the correct position then do the nut back up.
After I swapped my autobox, exactly the same thing happened to me.
I Adjusted thde cable and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

ProjectVR4
22-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Will try this first thing tomorrow, Hopefully this works, thanks for the advice :)

ProjectVR4
22-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Thank you, Will check that