PDA

View Full Version : Ayc pump refurbishment

Layton1985
25-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of a company or someone that refurbishes the ayc pump in or around the northwest, I don't have time to attempt a refurb myself with working so much and twins arriving in a few weeks I'm also trying to decorate the house.

I have 2 that come with the car, 1 faulty taken off the car and a known working replacement that was never fitted, I personally would prefer a good refurbished unit to put back on so I don't have to worry about that part again for a long time

Layton1985
25-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Anyone know what this part is? I found it in the glove box

peter thomson
25-02-2018, 10:19 PM
It's an adjustable ayc pressure switch. Allows a temporary cure for a pump that's not producing as high a pressure as it should

Layton1985
26-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Just ordered a pump refurb kit, I will strip one down when i get 5 mins, I may leave it in a electrolysis tank for a day first to strip it of rust, should be nice and shiny once finished, (should be, I've stripped bad calipers this way before)

Does anyone recommend a good paint to coat it with before it goes back to prevent it rusting in the future?

Layton1985
26-02-2018, 11:32 AM

Is the ayc built into that diff? I messaged him and that's what he said, or does he mean that the ayc plumb into the diff?

Nick Mann
26-02-2018, 02:24 PM
AYC is a system of moving torque between the rear wheels. The rear diff has clutch packs, there is an electrical side with fuse, relay and ecu and a hydraulic side with the pump assembly that operates tbe clutch plates.

94000 Miles
26-02-2018, 02:25 PM
The AYC Pump your refurbishing is plumbed into that diff in your photo with two high pressure hydraulic lines.

The two items Pump and Diff are located in separated locations.

The Diff holds two clutch packs that engage/disengage to deliver the grip required as determined by the AYC ECU. The clutch packs are located in the left side of your diff in the photo.

New to this myself so if anyone see's a mistake in this post please point out the mistakes.

Layton1985
26-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Thanks, I thought as much that's why I asked him, I've not a clue about the detailed thing's but know general parts when i see them