PDA

View Full Version : Automatic transmission stuck on 2nd when hot.....!!!

rajvr497
31-03-2018, 12:00 AM
Hey guys need some help with a vr4 here.....so I was tuning the car so I decided to let it cool,after 1/2hr I decided to finish the tune tranny went straight on 2nd gear even on tiptronic mode it's stuck in 2nd gear....drove it home and the next morning the car worked perfect.
So I went and finish tuning the car came back home cut off and let it cool abit and the same thing happened again....it's like when pressuring the transmission and cut off the car and start back it would stick in 2nd but if I let the car cool for some hrs it will work fine again....

Nick Mann
31-03-2018, 08:24 AM
2nd is weird. The normal hot default is 3rd. Are the fluid levels good and is the fluid in good condition?

rajvr497
31-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Fluid level on point and the oil was recently changed.....strange enough is one when you hammer the car that would happen after cutting off and restarting if you drive normal no issues

Davezj
06-04-2018, 05:10 PM
My response would be the same as nick mann's never heard of getting stuck in 2nd. only ever 3rd light on and the N will be flashing.

Is the gear box actually getting hot and going into limp home mode or is it going into limp mode when you are accelerating hard or coming on and off accelerator and the car is jerking a bit.
if so it could be an electrical issue putting the car into limp mode.

i have seen the wiring on the input shaft speed sensor cause this. sensor is on the top of the autobox and is under the hard plactic inlet pipe going to the front turbo and thermostat housing area of the gear box.
this area of gear box holds water.

worth checking.

Davezj
17-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Keep us posted of any updates on you situation.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk