PDA

View Full Version : TCL, ASC and ABS lights during a drive

Buzz Fuzz
06-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Sadly enough these lights came on during a nightly drive with some passengers.

As I am not very handy but I have a very good mechanic as a friend I'd like to ask the forum members for some advice to point my mate at the right direction.

I cleaned up the TCL solenoids with some WD-40, checked the fuses, disconnected the battery but the lights came back after a short drive. ASC and TCL don't go out at all and after a quarter of a mile the ABS lights up.

I used the 'paperclip-method' and found out it was code 78: Accumulator pressure sensor circuit system. What is the easiest way to fix this? Where to look? Where to find the ASC ECU? Is it likely to replace it?

Kind regards,

Serge

Davezj
06-04-2018, 05:02 PM
it suggest you have a vacuum leak in the system.
i would suggest using a vacuum pump to check all the items in the system to see where the leak is.
if no leak is found then it will probably be the solenoids themselves that have issues.

Buzz Fuzz
12-06-2018, 07:46 PM
It appears to be the ABS pump or ECU.. I know it is one part. Does anyone have a partnumber or a link where I can get one (used or new)? They used to be very expensive..Thanks a lot in advance.

peter thomson
12-06-2018, 08:03 PM
There are 2 or 3 different ones. You'll need to find the part number on your old one

Nick Mann
13-06-2018, 07:51 AM
That's an uncommon failure.
My initial reaction was an abs ring as they are a much more common failure and relate to all three systems.

I hope you get it sorted.

swinks
13-06-2018, 09:03 AM
I second to Dave suggestion. First - check for any vacuum leaks. Tha's what tcl light suggest. Then any electrical fault with earthing of abs/asc and tcl solenoids or pump.

Tony_T
16-06-2018, 07:55 AM
May not be relevant, but I had something similar once and it was the brake light switch. Real easy to check, just see if the stop lights come on when you step on the pedal. It must have been very annoying for anyone who followed me until I figured out my brake lights weren't coming on!
The switch comes out easily, no tools are needed, and can be dismantled and the contacts cleaned and reshaped if this does turn out to be your issue. Otherwise the suggestions above are all good.

paulg23
16-06-2018, 11:55 AM
ABS sensor or ring. My dash lights up like a christmas tree!! My ABS light doesn't come on until I get to 40KPH. All other warnings already on. Mine has an offside front ABS problem.

Buzz Fuzz
22-09-2018, 12:20 PM
The problem still isn't solved..

Where to get the switches like pictured below?

I think they are the main reason for the faults.

Tony_T
29-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Yes those are the TCL solenoid valves and they do fail. You'll need to find someone who has parted a car or who has removed the TCL stuff and still has the parts.

Buzz Fuzz
01-10-2018, 12:22 PM
Hopefully I found the problem this weekend..One of the valves is not working properly..Will be continued!