PDA

View Full Version : Window goes up then goes back down

Layton1985
06-04-2018, 10:12 PM
The passenger window is won't go all the way up in one go whether it is auto or with my finger on the switch, it gets to the top and then starts to open again, I eventually get it shut by putting up a tiny bit at a time, does anyone know what causes this?

Tony_T
07-04-2018, 04:50 AM
I may be wrong but it sounds like it is thinking it has hit an obstruction (like a hand trapped) and so is reversing. This is most likely done by sensing the current the motor draws, although it could be mechanical, either way it is most likely becoming too tight when it gets near the top so some cleaning of the tracks and maybe lubrication might fix it, provided nothing is bent.

TAR
07-04-2018, 08:49 AM
I agree with Tony. Some silicone spray in the window track should help.
:happy:

Bobby~d
07-04-2018, 12:20 PM
x3 on what Tony said

mitsiboyblue
07-04-2018, 04:03 PM
The passenger window is won't go all the way up in one go whether it is auto or with my finger on the switch, it gets to the top and then starts to open again, I eventually get it shut by putting up a tiny bit at a time, does anyone know what causes this?Yes, it is the anti-trap mechanisum of the load circuit of the window motor. This is caused by possible worn or damaged channel rubbers in the glass frame. Lubricate the channels with either a dry graphite power/ dust with pippet or good silicon spray (but not oil or greese)and operate the glass window up and down until it moves smoothy. You might need to repeat this occasionally to keep it operating well or replace the window seal for a new one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bobby~d
07-04-2018, 06:48 PM
I usually use contact cleaner to clean out the tracks then use the silicone spray in the tracks and it works great.

Layton1985
08-04-2018, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys for the advice I will have a look inside the door at the weekend, I would like to replace parts with brand new but that seems unlikely going off availability I've seen for these car's so far

mitsiboyblue
08-04-2018, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys for the advice I will have a look inside the door at the weekend, I would like to replace parts with brand new but that seems unlikely going off availability I've seen for these car's so farJust try phoning the dealership you might be quite surprised, sorry i dont have the part No.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Layton1985
08-04-2018, 10:19 PM
Think i will make a list of bits I need like drivers door check strap to stop it opening too far, window rubbers etc, I'd like all new suspension components like drop links, bushes wish bones etc but don't know what parts are called, anyone got an exploded view/diagram available?

Davezj
08-04-2018, 10:23 PM
just thought i would point out there are some clips embedded in the window rubber and these can get pulled out of there normal pressued in location and cause a blockage to the glass.
when the window rises it can catch on these clips and the safety feature of the window that will drop the window if it thinks there are some fingers or something else trapped between the window and the glass.
so when the glass catches the clips the window will drop.

to check if the clips are an issue run your fingers round the rubber and if you can feel any clips then that will be the issue.

i have had this issue. i just got a plastic handle of a tool or kitchen spoon, something like that. and just run it round the rubber until you get to the clip and just push the clip back into place.

TAR
10-04-2018, 09:08 PM
have a look here for parts diagrams http://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/mitsubishi&cfg_id=1&area=M00&cat=A018T502A&mdl=EC5W&clf=LYGF
:happy: