PDA

View Full Version : Something for the weekend ...?

Roadrunner
21-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Mrs H.7 :sweethear and I celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary today :love: :smoking:
Went up the west coast of Scotland for the weekend and thought you'd appreciate some pics, especially Mrs H.7's noo transport ... :p

The scenic pic was the view from the loo in our hotel room :)

The bridge, believe it or not, spans the Atlantic Ocean /yes

And the rest speak for themselves ... :D

SGHOM
21-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Congratulations Brian on reaching 25 years !! :drummer: [ I threw the towel in after 22 ! /yes /grr ]
& that car looks stunning !! I WANT ONE !!! /yes

psbarham
21-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Mrs H.7 :sweethear and I celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary today :love: :smoking:
Went up the west coast of Scotland for the weekend and thought you'd appreciate some pics, especially Mrs H.7's noo transport ... :p

The scenic pic was the view from the loo in our hotel room :)

The bridge, believe it or not, spans the Atlantic Ocean /yes

And the rest speak for themselves ... :D
crongrat's mate hope they have been very happy ones , she must be a good one if you buy her cars like that one . hope the next 25 are as good :thumbsup: . as for that bridge my atlas has been lying to me either that or those mercs are bigger than i thought

HJM
21-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Cool pics Brian :thumbsup:

Makes me a bit nostalgic /yes

Jimbo
21-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Congratulations to you both :)

Oh and, nice car too ! :happy: Be a sport and bring that one down to Elvington with you next time :evil2:

Kieran
21-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey! Congrats to the pair of you! :thumbsup:

Dare I say it.... Nice car!! /grr /grr :embarasse :embarasse

Well, you have to give a guy credit when he also buys a second VR-4 so that his beloved can find out what all the fuss is about!! :thumbsup: :smug:

Roadrunner
21-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Dare I say it.... Nice car!! /grr /grr :embarasse :embarasse

Ah, we'll get you converted yet! :p :D (no pun intended! ;) )

pezza
21-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Congrats to you both...

Nice pix there...where abouts is that in Scots?

As for the car ??!!?? /yes How the hell did they fit that engine in there??? :rolleyes4

Have you had a race yet? :inquisiti

Nick Mann
21-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Congrats! We have made 6 years and a bit so far. A long way behind you!!

Is there some advice that you could share with us all?! :p

SGHOM
21-03-2005, 10:33 PM
just say yes ! :embarasse

paulmc
21-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Congrats to you both 25years :thumbsup:

Mrs 7's car bloody awesome.

enigma
21-03-2005, 11:23 PM
10 years in a fortnight :rolleyes4

Dont like the car, there is only one Mercedes I would have.............

Oh ok, its not bad...............

caishanvr4
22-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Congratulations to the both of you. I have another 23 years before i get to the same level as you guys ! Very nice pictures.... oh yes and merc looks good too.

Big Ian
22-03-2005, 09:06 AM
congrat's,Mr & Mrs H7 :thumbsup:
you picked a lovely area to visit,ive not been up that way in age's.
we have freind's who stayed (at the end of the road!) looking straight on to "seal island"...god!!! i cant remember the name :embarasse ..they now stay in Oban
their is a nice feeling within that area,everyone has a freindly nature to them.

did you drive to the end,where the start of the big pond is?....down that lovely (near) single track "zig zag" hill....the one with the "mind blowing veiw" of the local area,island's in the sea and miles upon miles of ocean....breath-takin :happy:

Big Ian
22-03-2005, 09:10 AM
PS
i think it is the only bridge in the world that crosses the Atlantic?

Roadrunner
22-03-2005, 10:01 AM
where abouts is that in Scots?

As for the car ??!!?? /yes How the hell did they fit that engine in there??? :rolleyes4

Have you had a race yet? :inquisiti
The photo was taken from Creggans Inn overlooking Loch Fyne.

No idea, there's not much room in there.

Lost count of the number of other cars that were dispensed with ;) Strangely, the most satisfying was an old git (look who's talking) in an SL350 who thought he'd try to keep up. Mwahahaha ... :p

Big Ian
22-03-2005, 10:03 AM
congrat's,Mr & Mrs H7 :thumbsup:
you picked a lovely area to visit,ive not been up that way in age's.
we have freind's who stayed (at the end of the road!) looking straight on to "seal island"...god!!! i cant remember the name :embarasse ..they now stay in Oban
their is a nice feeling within that area,everyone has a freindly nature to them.

did you drive to the end,where the start of the big pond is?....down that lovely (near) single track "zig zag" hill....the one with the "mind blowing veiw" of the local area,island's in the sea and miles upon miles of ocean....breath-takin :happy:

:scholar: Easdale!

Roadrunner
22-03-2005, 10:05 AM
PS
i think it is the only bridge in the world that crosses the Atlantic?
Yep, that's the one in the photo. Called "Atlantic Bridge" (how inventive ;) ), it bridges from the mainland to Seil Island. Photo taken from the wee car park on the island side.

Roadrunner
22-03-2005, 10:08 AM
:scholar: Easdale!
Yeah, Easdale is where you can get a thrill ride out to the Corryvreckan whirlpool. Step into a head-to-toe waterproof suit, sit on the boat like you would on a chopper, and head off into the waves (not self-drive ;) ) Not done it, but spoke to someone at the weekend who did and said it was awesome.

Roadrunner
22-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Like Derek says ... ;) :)

Roadrunner
22-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks, guys, for all your good wishes. Looking forward to the next 25 ... :D

Axeboy
02-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Nice pics...

Great car.

Im up that way lots... that bridge is a bit ropey sometimes, going over it all you see is sky and bonnet.