PDA

View Full Version : Galant estate VIII gen. 2.5 V6 - Czech Republic

mAty
02-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Hello everyone.

I am young owner of Mitsubishi Galant Estate VIII. gen. with an 2.5 V6 engine from year 2001.
I am from Czech Republic (central europe - neighboring state of Germany) and I work as a brake tandem master cylinder designer in one world well-known company.

I own this car about one year. During this year I faced to some of the well-known issues of Galants VIII gen. but three diamonds never lets me in the trouble anywhere. So I have already replaced many parts. But it does not matter to me. This car is just amazing. The engine and its sound, driving / travel comfort, suspension (Mc Pherson), space for sleeping etc

And during this year I also read all Czech websites which are related to Mitsubishi Galants. We have three main websites related to Galants - there are about 2.500 threads, now I am approx. in the middle. It is like a drug for me :3d:

After all, I would like to realize one of my dreams. To have an LHD Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 VIII gen 206kW.
So this is the reason why I joined this website.
After all read threads and experiences which I have from czech sites I decided that I would like to buy RHD Legnum VR4 and standart LHD Galant estate 2.5 V6 and crop a dashboard + all other parts from LHD and put it in Legnum RHD.

Because I read about switch by the other way -> to put an VR4 206kW engine in standart Galant 2.5 V6.
But it would take more money, effort, risk time and money at all.
Although the engines 6A13 and 6A13TT has the same... eh... establishment? / settlement? in motor area, the front axle and transmission and clutch are not designed / dimensioned for 206kW but only for 118 / 120kW.
Moreover, one of my friend did successfuly several conversions from RHD to LHD dashboards, steering etc.

So now I am gathering the courage and a money (not so easy for young Czech, believe me).
To get a standart 2.5 V6 estate galant is not so hard or expensive in CZ (considering the fact that I would not need any parts for conversion which are well-known for corrosion-infliction in Galants - such a rear hem (hems?), front absorbes fastening (the place with three bolts), etc.). Of course VR4 will be more expensive, but there are still some in Germany.

So this is in a nutshell about me. If you would like to know some information about Czech Republic you can get it from the first hand :laugh: and I am also curious if there are registered some other Czech members. As I know, there is at least one Czech person (nickname "Drak") who has Legnum VR4. But I think that he has RHD.

And of course I would like to greet all other members, administrators, Galant guru(s) throughout all continents worldwide. Have a nice day you all :smitten::3d:

PS: Sorry for my English and grammar :d

Amonlym
02-05-2018, 10:23 PM
Welcome!

Several have put the 6A13TT into a V6 car. Often called a VR2. A bit too much for the front wheels i think :).

no problems with the English or grammer - I understand everything :).

rear hem - we call the rusting area the rear wheel arch.
front absorbes fastening - This is the strut tower / shock mount often shortened to "struts". the absorbes is the shock absorber.
establishment / settlement - engine mounts + gearbox mount.

Wish you the best of luck saving, and ultimately converting!

elnevio
03-05-2018, 02:07 PM
/Welcome

A most excellent first post and we wish you well in your quest. I believe you are attacking this in the best way. /yes

Nick Mann
04-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Hello and /Welcome

We all enjoy pictures! ;)