PDA

View Full Version : How to improve..

BraindG
27-07-2003, 11:39 PM
As the club grows, and develops we will be seeing big changes in our presentation at car shows.. we had some discussions about it over the weekend - however i thought i would post a thread which would allow us to discuss what went wrong and what we could have done to improve things.

i understand we need some cover, whether that’s to hide from the rain, or shelter from the sun.. ill be looking into this, and get something sorted.. i want something big, where we can fit atleast 20 people under without any bother..

Finding the plot was a pain in the arse, so a Club VR-4 Flag is in order.. something that stands out..

Activities, and fun stuff.. I racked my brain over what we could have done to have some fun during the day.. yet, with all my brain cells INSERT INTO post VALUES (all 5 of them) i couldn’t think of anything "cool-and-groovy" to do.. I thought about "best-car" where we vote.. and hand out a little prize at the end of the day.. INSERT INTO post VALUES (Lisa, we had that discussion when the MR2 guys were doing theirs) but ended up rushing everything, and not getting anything sorted out... does this sound like a plan? i know peter will win the cleanest engine award :cool: INSERT INTO post VALUES (bugger)

...I seen one stand that had one of those tennis ball things on a string, attached to a post which you hit with tennis racquets - could be fun for a few minutes i suppose...... can you think of anything?

The laser displaying clubvr4 would be cool. and they are cheap, and cheerful.. will be buying one in next couple weeks..

Bigger plot next time around.. paying 2 quid a car is worth it i think... lets you open doors and boot and bonnet.. just like Simon :)

I was thinking on the way home.. i should bring my colour printer next time, a travel iron, and we could create t-shirts on demand!

:cool:

Anyways, that should kick a few things off..

Again, HUGE thank you to everyone for attending, was a great show of VR4's - and with out you guys, we would be nothing.. thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Barry

Spirit
28-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Firstly, I would like to reiterate Barry's comments that without you guys making the effort to turn up to these events it just wouldn't happen. Was great to meet some old friends from Japfest and some new ones. A HUGE thanks to you all for participating in a great day :D

VR4 flag is a great idea - and on the way back Sharon said she was gonna make some bunting for the next stand too.

A large gazeebo type thing is also a must as you have said Barry - of course if membership fees are not in place at that time I will contribute towards it too.

I promise not to clean my engine for the next show on two conditions - 1: Everyone else cleans theirs 2: I can't promise not to add more bits to mine :D - it was a comment passed to me at the show that the state of some of the engines did not tie in with our undoubted devotion and love of our cars, a comment I could not argue with.

A bigger plot is a must as you say - no matter how many cars we have coming we need to double that amount - whats £2 at the end of the day - would have given us loads more room etc.

Ideas ? Well had you had your car Barry we would have had a PS2 competition - this should still happen next time. The "who can get the biggest piece off a Subaru" game was a good idea too ! :D Will have to think of some more over the coming weeks and months.

We also discussed Japfest next year and agreed we should make an effort to all go on track so we can have a Club VR4 slot to ourselves - that way we can take it steady INSERT INTO post VALUES (and trust each other to be sensible) and have no Evo's/Scoobies to worry about - someone can then video us on track :cool1:

Will post more as I think of it but body/brain is a bit tired now - thanks again all for another great day and heres to the next !

Pete

Pescha
28-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Mmmm when I use to be Secretary/Treasurer INSERT INTO post VALUES (for 5 years straight) for 'The Chrysler Charger Club of New Zealand Incorporated' I use to have to organise everything myself, club events, shows, runs etc. At Car shows I would do treasure hunts, these use to incorporate looking for things. Normally one would be extremely well organised for this, like what car club is on what lot, how many clubs are at the event, how many toilets are avaliable INSERT INTO post VALUES (not portaloos). Then back at base it was like how many m & m's can one fit in ones mouth INSERT INTO post VALUES (stupid I know but fun) Also another was we had information fliers for our club and each member had to get rid of as many as they could to the public in front of our lot within x amount of minutes. And the one that could get rid of the most would get a small prize! I went around different automotive places like for instance mitsubishi dealers, automotive part places etc etc and explained what we were doing and ask if they would like to support us by donating something, nothing big just something, I got wash products, pens, caps, a jacket, vouhors INSERT INTO post VALUES (sp) And in return we would encourage our members to go to them and purchase their products INSERT INTO post VALUES (not guranteed, but they needn't know that) Oh yeah I got oil packs the list goes on lol...

Hope these ideas help... I so miss not being involved in your guys events, I just hold the fort while all of you guys are gone!

Cheers,
Pescha!

LOMY
28-07-2003, 11:16 AM
We are all a bit sad that you live so far away too Pescha. It would be nice to have someone INSERT INTO post VALUES (else) with your enthusiasm and energy on the local team as well :boing2: . If you ever came to the UK, i suspect you would be treated like Royalty by the club. :)

Pescha
28-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Awwww thank you :o Thats sooooo sweet! I just share the love the same as we all do here and that is of the VR-4

Cheers,
Pescha!

Ailsa
28-07-2003, 12:54 PM
We managed to raise a fair bit of cash for our other club Gazebo, BBQ, chairs etc by having a raffle. We got some of the members to donate there wares to it for a bit of free advertising.

I'm sure there are plenty of folk on here willing to throw in some free stuff and buy a few tickets.

As for amusment on the day - if the show is big enough and you have enough people that shouldn't really be a problem. Otherwise - BBQ helps kill an hour or too. - You can get disposable jobs for a couple of quid and get people to bring there own food.

Pescha - any chance of you moving over to Scotland - you sound like a good person to have around!;)

Simon
28-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Well done again:) I agree to a larger plot and will have to remember to base our seating area/tent/etc at the back of the plot so visitors can get to see the cars/wonder around.

Be careful....we'll get loads ovf ideas at this rate!!;)