PDA

View Full Version : directional discs

SGHOM
23-03-2005, 09:03 PM
There have been some questions posed as to which way directional discs should be fitted. I've said to Nick Mann, "mine are the right way" :thumbsup: "oh no they're not" say's Nick !! /grr /grr

hope this clears it up ;.................... I'm right !! /yes :smug:

Physician
23-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Yea Derek .......... but Nick was talking about fitting them in Australia - where you have to put them the opposite way around ............ OBVIOUSLY !!! :rolleyes4

Kieran
23-03-2005, 09:31 PM
ARRRRGH!!! /grr /grr

Mine and Nick's are fitted the RIGHT way. They look 'backwards' against the rotation of the disc. My Rossini discs came with CLEAR instructions to mount them this way!!!

"On no it isn't"

"Oh Yes it is!"

Anyone feel another one of 'Those' threads kicking off?! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 /grr :evil2:

Physician
23-03-2005, 09:33 PM
ARRRRGH!!! /grr /grr

Mine and Nick's are fitted the RIGHT way. They look 'backwards' against the rotation of the disc. My Rossini discs came with CLEAR instructions to mount them this way!!!

"On no it isn't"

"Oh Yes it is!"

Anyone feel another one of 'Those' threads kicking off?! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 /grr :evil2:

Kieran ........ READ THE SMALL PRINT AT THE BOTTOM ........ it says:

"Printed in Australia"

SGHOM
23-03-2005, 09:36 PM
these are the destructions for EBC discs. others may differ.

but mine are the right way !! /yes /yes :smug: :smug:

Nick Mann
23-03-2005, 10:44 PM
I blame Kieran for leading me astray! /help

I will be purchasing new pads and turning my discs around before Castle Coombe.

Thanks Mr Tew, sir! :thumbsup:

KiwiTT
23-03-2005, 11:14 PM

Actually in america they should be swapped over from right to left :rolleyes4

Wodjno
24-03-2005, 12:36 AM
these are the destructions for EBC discs. others may differ.

but mine are the right way !! /yes /yes :smug: :smug:

Hmm .. Ithink i may check mine when i get home tomorrow morning .. :inquisiti

Looking at the way the grooves sweep towards the rear of the car makes sense ,for dispersing the built up gases and brake dust , as do tyre treads to disperse the water.. So i think even other makes of discs would follow the same instructions for fitting .. Otherwise all the build up would be shoved in towards the hub .. And i can't think that would be anything but bad .. /yes

Nick Mann
24-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Kieran is right, some manufacturers state the other way round. It could be the angle more than the direction? I don't know, but I will be changing mine around!

Slimshady
24-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Yep this is correct mine even came with a small sticker with left and right on them:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6896

hope this helps

Slim

simpsonm
25-03-2005, 10:03 AM
How have people installed the National racing 8 groove jobbies?

wirdy
26-03-2005, 02:01 AM
How have people installed the National racing 8 groove jobbies?

The Nationals are fitted with the grooves sweeping INWARDS as the disk rotates - the exact opposite to Black diamonds?? Strangely.

The gasses will escape whichever way. Wonder why they're different?