PDA

View Full Version : Pre facelift vs facelift

russhowe
05-01-2019, 09:41 PM
Hi again folks, please excuse me if I'm being a noob here, but...
Is it possible to easily convert a pre facelift to a facelift?

I prefer the rear end of the facelift version mainly

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk

russhowe
05-01-2019, 10:27 PM
Just realised I've posted in the wrong section.

Sorry admins!
First offence!

Amonlym
06-01-2019, 01:54 PM
I believe it isn't that easy as the (estate) tailgate is the only sheet-metal change between all the cars (other than bonnet). There are a few threads about it here / ozvr4 worth looking at for better info!
I think the plastic can just be bolted over for sills/bumpers/flairs etc tho.

Nick Mann
06-01-2019, 05:39 PM
It can be done, but not easily. The rear lights sit higher on the facelift so the rear gas struts are shorter and higher on the inner wing. The inner wing is different to suit all that. The outer wing is the same, so if you are happy to play with saws, drills and welders to modify the inner wing then no big problem.

russhowe
15-01-2019, 11:34 PM
It can be done, but not easily. The rear lights sit higher on the facelift so the rear gas struts are shorter and higher on the inner wing. The inner wing is different to suit all that. The outer wing is the same, so if you are happy to play with saws, drills and welders to modify the inner wing then no big problem.Thanks Nick.
I prefer the back end of the face lift but I think I'll leave it be. As per my other thread, I'll probably have more issues to deal with like rust first ha ha

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk