PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Solihull

Sulli
24-03-2005, 04:47 PM
I have booked into Mitsubishi Solihull for the warranty work - ball joints, following my experience with Oak Tree.
They sound helpful on the phone, have a Ralliart technician, and Matt at Mitsubishi UK reckons they are a helpful bunch.
Hopefully they will be OK - anyone used them here?

Brunty
24-03-2005, 05:39 PM
I've only had my VR4 a little longer than you so haven't got a favourite garage yet. I've been to Mitsubishi Solihull when my autobox first started playing up, and can confirm that they're a helpful and friendly bunch who are likely to get a decent amount of business from me.

Charged for labour but not fluids after first visit, second inspection was completed foc while I waited.

Autobox was covered under my RAC warranty, but limited to £1k, so the VR4 went to Midland Auto Transmissions because of their hourly rate of £34 compared to Mitsubishi Solihulls £64.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Steve

bernmc
24-03-2005, 09:44 PM
I have booked into Mitsubishi Solihull for the warranty work - ball joints, following my experience with Oak Tree.
They sound helpful on the phone, have a Ralliart technician, and Matt at Mitsubishi UK reckons they are a helpful bunch.
Hopefully they will be OK - anyone used them here?

Ask them how much the 45k cambelt service would cost when you're there Sulli - mine will be due soon. Mind you, they might not like imports either, and I can;t be 4rsed to make a fight of it atm!

Paul Beazer
24-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Autobox was covered under my RAC warranty, but limited to £1k, so the VR4 went to Midland Auto Transmissions because of their hourly rate of £34 compared to Mitsubishi Solihulls £64.

Christ I though my local mitsi dealer was dear! They ONLY charge £55 per hour.
Gosh, now I feel rich, NOT!

Sulli
04-04-2005, 08:35 PM
I spoke to Mitsi Solihull last week to book in, and asked for a courtesy car.
they told me that unless I provided an insurance doc to prove I was covered F/C, they'd charge me £12!
I spoke to my insurers today who said an amendment/providing temp policy for hire car cost £15.
They explained the car dealers have an option on the extent of their cover - most go for better cover which covers courtesy cars FOC - Mitsi Solihull obviously don't.
Now I don't feel I should pay for the privilege - on my Scooby the dealers were always helpful, provided courtesy car FOC, and even petrol on occassions, and they didn't just give a a crappy little 1 litre motor. Solihull plan to give me a Spacestar - whatever that is.
I phoned up Mitsi Solihull today to query this, and see if I could talk them out of it - after all, I am a potentially valuable customer etc etc.
Asked to be put through to service, they weren't available, so message left to call me back - this was at 11am. No call back all day!!! - That is the second time they have done this.
I am not impressed - and Oak Tree actually apologised to me today.
Why is it all Mitsi Dealer's Customer Service seems to be absolutely ****e?

Sulli
07-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Well Solihull Mitsi called me up today to see where I was. I said I was still waiting two call-backs, and Matt at Mitsi Customer Relations had even asked them to call me after chatting to him and telling him they'd not returned two calls.
No apology, and asked what I wanted to know. I told them about courtesy car, and fact I shouldn't have to pay, particularly as it was warranty recall work (though don't see why i should have to pay anyway). Service Manager said NO - if you want a courtesy car, you pay.
I said, no, I don't, nor do I want to spend my money on every single 4.5k mile service there over the next 3-4 years there either. Who's lost?
Oak Tree are getting another chance with me, so i'll report back again on my findings - hopefully they'll redeem themselves after apologising, after all, my first service at Oak Tree was excellent.

nick-f1
08-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Well Solihull Mitsi called me up today to see where I was. I told them about courtesy car, and fact I shouldn't have to pay, particularly as it was warranty recall work (though don't see why i should have to pay anyway). Service Manager said NO - if you want a courtesy car, you pay..
Mitsi dealers do seem to vary a lot........... Poole mitsubishi have given me a courtesy car twice without charge

Nick