PDA

View Full Version : Auto Box Fluid

nicktooley
24-03-2005, 07:44 PM
As the gearchanges get more lumpy I checked the fluid and it looks rather brown. /help /help
I can't see a bung so any ideas how to drain it or will it drain my credit card?

Nick Mann
24-03-2005, 08:20 PM
There should be a bung? Kieran has written an excellent piece on flushing the fluid, but it is the members section. ;)

nicktooley
25-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Where's the bung anyone?

Nick Mann
25-03-2005, 05:38 PM
There is only a drain. I can't remember where it is. I think it could be on the side of the box, almost hidden by the suspension? You have to re-fill through the dipstick! :inquisiti

Kieran
25-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Where's the bung anyone?

Nick - You have a couple of Private Messages :thumbsup:

Trow
25-03-2005, 06:31 PM
I get the distinct feeling that the auto boxes can be quite difficult to maintain and if you get it wrong, quite expensive to fix... would it not be wise if your not sure what your doing just to get a mechanic to do it? from what I gather on this site there seems to be a procedure for flushing all the old oil out before refilling, if this isn't done the new oil will be contaminated rendering it useless... just my thought... could be cheaper in the long run. :happy:

nicktooley
26-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Kieran has given me some help but the work he's done might not be on a Tiptronic box, anyone know where the bung is on thoses babies?

Kieran
27-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Kieran has given me some help but the work he's done might not be on a Tiptronic box, anyone know where the bung is on thoses babies?

My work was done on a tiptronic box. Your 2.0 Sport is a GLS 2.0 with a party frock on!! The location of the transmission sump nut is exactly the same.

BTW - to get into '2' on the tiptronic whilst stationary, just bung the shifter into the tip gate and change up - it will go!! :scholar: