PDA

View Full Version : Hks evc ir

cychang
28-01-2019, 06:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a 2002 Legnum VR4( AT).
I have no idea how the HKS EVC IT work, does anybody know how to configure it?

My Legnum VR4 has standard engine,it currently have:
1) FUJITSUBO EXHAUST
2) BLITZ AIR FILTER
3) BLOW OFF VALVE
4) INTERCOOLER
5) OIL COOLER
6) TRANSMISSION COOLER

What kind of configuration will be the most suitable for my current set up and how do it on the HKS EVC IR?

Thank you for your time and hope to get some useful information about it.

Nick Mann
28-01-2019, 11:28 AM
I'm not familiar with that boost controller, but hks controllers usually have a learning mode to understand the application they are in, so you can then control the boost easily. It may be worth googling your model.

The stock ecu will not like air flow above around 1.0bar and will fuel cut if you set the boost too high. You will get fuel cut in higher gears first. Fuel cut happens at a certain air flow, not at a certain boost pressure, so your maf condition, pipework leaks and the temperature of the air will all have an affect on when fuel cut arrives.

cychang
28-01-2019, 03:43 PM
I'm not familiar with that boost controller, but hks controllers usually have a learning mode to understand the application they are in, so you can then control the boost easily. It may be worth googling your model.

The stock ecu will not like air flow above around 1.0bar and will fuel cut if you set the boost too high. You will get fuel cut in higher gears first. Fuel cut happens at a certain air flow, not at a certain boost pressure, so your maf condition, pipework leaks and the temperature of the air will all have an affect on when fuel cut arrives.
Sorry...I forgot to mention that I have a MINE’s ECU..

Nick Mann
28-01-2019, 11:24 PM
I think the mines ecu is just a stock ecu with a slightly upped target load to achieve a bit more boost.

Have a search around the forums, there is some info around somewhere.