PDA

View Full Version : Swap MMCS for basic heater controls

russhowe
22-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Hi folks!
As the title says really.
Is it possible to swap out the mmcs system with the heater controls in it, for the more basic one like what is found in other legnums / galants / FTOs etc

I'm toying with the idea of changing head unit too for an after market one. Although I've not yet decided on double or single din.

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk

Nick Mann
23-02-2019, 01:10 AM
I believe it is easy. I'm sure someone in the past discovered that the loom side is the same. So source a console complete with a climate control module and it should be plug and play.

russhowe
23-02-2019, 01:55 AM
So a centre console from a UK spec galant would be fine I presume?

Tony_T
23-02-2019, 07:51 AM
As far as I know that is correct. My green one had the swap done and there were no spliced wires etc.
When you fit the new stereo don't forget to connect the aerial amplifier power wire (which is alongside the aerial cable) to the power antenna wire from the stereo. So many installers don't know to do that and consequently radio reception is almost non-existent.

Louis
25-02-2019, 01:20 AM
If your interested!.
I have a standard centre console (air vents, gear lever surround and actual centre with 2 din space and standard air con climate control rear screen heater etc) and I have the climate control unit.
I would be happy to swap for your centre console with the bigger (MMCS) opening. (I don't need the macs unit, I just need the centre console).
cheers Louis

russhowe
25-02-2019, 09:05 PM
Sounds great. Mine is the wood effect centre console, does that matter to you?

These cars are also pretty well put together but also come apart fairly easily too!! 8094080941

Louis
25-02-2019, 10:30 PM
Hi, I pm’d you before seeing the post!
Looks good, I’m happy to swap, wood no problem, mine is the same, pm me details and we can fit it sorted out
:)