PDA

View Full Version : ABS Problem

v8killa
25-03-2005, 03:39 AM
I have just my car back from the mechanics & 15 minutes later its stuffed again.
I have the abs, tcl, and asc lights on my dash lit up, them while driving the ayc bars go nutty and can hear the pump, then a minute after that the red ayc 'fail' light comes on.

31st december to 24th march it was off the road last time...

Any ideas?????, the mechanics and computer guys with the latest mut 3 tester can find nothing wrong.

psbarham
25-03-2005, 08:22 AM
if you can hear the ayc pump it means it is running dry , check the fluid levels if they are ok then its a trip to a dealer to get the pump sorted

Kenneth
25-03-2005, 10:11 AM
could the speed sensor on one or more of the wheels be buggered? surely that would cause the TCL, ABS and AYC to behave erratically

Nick Mann
25-03-2005, 10:52 AM
could the speed sensor on one or more of the wheels be buggered? surely that would cause the TCL, ABS and AYC to behave erratically

That would be my guess too.

v8killa
25-03-2005, 09:34 PM

One of the errors was r/rear wheel sensor, all have been replaced...

Physician
25-03-2005, 10:22 PM
One of the errors was r/rear wheel sensor, all have been replaced...

Now I'm confused. In your original message you said the technicians couldn't find anything wrong using the Mutt.

But I'll put my money on the following now ...........

If they have replaced ANY of the sensors - they have fitted them incorrectly and they are causing the errors. Or it could be some gunk in/around the sensors - use an airline to clear them of any particles - particularly metal.

If you haven't already done so - you might also try disconnecting the battery to re-set the ECU.

v8killa
27-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Could a faulty AYC pump or diff make cause these errors?? I have noticed there appears to be oil leaking from the diff, not a flood or enough to mark the driveway, but still a small leak. The sound I heard was like a tire screeching in the distance...
I have been praying for GOD to strike it with lightening and burn it to the ground, at least then I can get another one. This damn car has been off the road more than its been on it.

v8killa
27-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Now I'm confused. In your original message you said the technicians couldn't find anything wrong using the Mutt.

Sorry its been off the road so long, I have trouble remembering who did what.
This is the second repair, the first one lasted about 30 minutes before playing up.
The first repair was a wheel sensor.
The second repair, they found corroded earth connections, and a few historical error codes, the ABS computer has supposedly been repaired by woodhead electrical in Auckland, I am sceptical...

Louis
28-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Hi,
If it works at all after they try to fix it then it must be an intermitent fault (sorry for stating the obvious), so what ever they are doing is fixing the problem, if only for a short time, this is easier said than done but if they do exactly what they did before, i.e. fix all the same bits, but do them one at a time and then test, to try to find out which is the rogue part.
I will say again that I had a very similar problem after the car had been in for the asc/abs recall (where they took out and replaced a lot of the abs stuff, brake pipes etc).
I left the garage after about 10 minutes the dash went mad all lights, ayc abs traction engine!! warning lights all on, I drove back to the garage(slowly) they put the diagnostic on it couldn't find anything, but the guy who had done the recall work came over and said he had had dificulty reseting the abs light but then it set ok, they had a fiddle about and found the cause.
It was a problem with one wire that had been stretched (and just broken, but just making contact) when they were moving the relays about during the recall work. The interesting thing was that the guy said that it wasn't the brake relay but another relay, when I asked about this he said that they were all interlinked,(not exactly but a false reading caused by a faulty relay would affect other readings(hence the engine warning light coming on), it's all a bit mad and voodoo like but it made sense at the time.
BUT, long story short it could be an intermitent relay, check for stretched wiring looms, good luck and I hope you get it sorted soon, I have had various probs with mine, but you forget very quickly when it's on the road doing what it's meant to, cheers Louis

v8killa
29-03-2005, 02:42 AM
Louis - cheers for the info, my poor mechanic looked like he was going to cry when he arrived at his workshop across the road from my office and saw Trigger sitting there waiting for him....
We are on the right track now with faulty relays... we think... it looks like the asc computer/relay recall may not have been done on it.

Cheers

Murray

Kyoshu
12-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Sorry for digging up an old topic, but I'm having similar issues now also.

Was cruising around, not driving very fast or hard, when my wife noticed that the ABS, AYC warning, TCL off and the skiddy car lights were all on. The car felt ok when driving and breaking and I was able to get it back home OK. It was night time so I couldn't really check out much in the driveway in terms of fluids, etc. Also noticed that even when the car was turned off, the break lights were still on.

Reset the ECU and all the warning lights had gone away, but the brake lights were still on. I warmed up the car, took it for a drive to the petrol station, testing acceleration, breaking and AYC and all seemed fine. Checked tire pressures and they were OK too.

Any ideas on what the issue may be? I take the car for it's WoF at VTNZ and they have checked that the recall issues reported have been fixed when the car was still in Japan.

I know I'm probably due to change the engine oil and filter, but I don't think that would have much to do with it would it?