PDA

View Full Version : Blower fan motor not coming on :-(

JulianUK
06-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Hello, the blower fan motor on my 1997 Legnum is failing to come on when demanded by the control panel. It works sometimes, but now mostly not! I've a feeling it's probably the heating control module, but would like to check the fan is ok, by powering it directly, or if indeed the controller is giving it power. Does anyone have the wiring info for this part of the car, or any experience of this issue? Thanks guys!

peter thomson
06-05-2019, 08:03 PM
Check the 2 plugs in the back of the heater control are fully plugged in first

Bobby~d
06-05-2019, 08:43 PM
I had this problem once and it was the plug on the blower motor which was burnt out. Check to see if yours is good/bad.

JulianUK
06-05-2019, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the hints. If I want to check the blower motor plug, where is it on this model - I'm guessing behind the glovebox?

Nick Mann
07-05-2019, 06:42 AM
The fan is definitely behind the glove box.
I have also had this when I fitted a radio and didn't plug the climate control unit back in properly so I would echo Peters suggestion.

JulianUK
04-06-2019, 08:53 AM
OK, found the blower motor resistor, yes behind the glove box - easy to get to - that was a surprise :-) It's got some heat damage to one of the pins, and the plug has been replaced with individual spade connectors. I suspect it melted :-( One of these connectors wasn't connecting to the wire very well, which was the cause of the non-running fan. I've fixed that, but have bought a second hand blower resistor complete with plug to get it back to how it should be.

Bobby~d
05-06-2019, 01:26 PM
Glad that you found the problem and have it sorted. Great work.