PDA

View Full Version : AVC-R: My boost machine gun

Dan_G
27-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Fitted my AVC-R... /yes

nobody told me that it sounded like a machine gun......... :D

I fitted soleniod and pressure sensor to my bulkhead/firewall ....... so sound transmission into the cockpit is quite....... ermm.... lots :rolleyes4

It's pretty cool actually... "You see your prey..... aim..... FIRE!" put your foot down and "rattatadtat" from the soleniod.......... another kill! (another impreza slane)

Set up was fairly easy.... Set your desired boost...... play with your duty cycle... and then self learning takes over.......

I know folk have had probs with the self learning but it worked well on my car... maybe coz its manual... who knows... ?

but now the car pulls like mad from 2500rpm all the way to stoopid speeds... feels quite level in terms of.. ooomphf.. on the back of the neck....(torque maybe?)

I have two settings... one set to 0.7 bar and one set to 0.9bar..... both are pretty stable in terms of overshoot.... and drivability(less turbo lag) is increased in both settings (compared to standard)

All in all I would recomend the Apexi AVC-R for manual VR4's :thumbsup:

Dan

Vector
27-03-2005, 08:44 PM
cool

what's the damage for wanna dem den ?
:thinking2

Dan_G
31-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Got it from Apex performance....

cost now is £259....... hope thats what I paid?

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=16&products_id=788&PHPSESSID=1b650d9d8f1dd2002a350742ef483ca0

fast delivery too.

Nick Mann
31-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Hmmm...... The MLR are doing a group buy on this for £272. I wonder if someone should point this out? Or is there something I'm missing?

Dan_G
31-03-2005, 08:27 PM
woohoo that must mean It was a bargain.... that does'nt happen often....

yeah, I thought it was quite cheap when I bought it to be honest.......

maybe no-ones heard of apex before.... looks like they cater mainly for 200sx...

Mikesone
05-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Sounds like a little cost for lots of BHP, what do you reckon the % power increase is?

Also is it easy to fit, do you need to locate and cut wires etc.

I must confess, I wouldn't mind giving a beating to the odd Imprezza.

bernmc
05-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Hmmm...... The MLR are doing a group buy on this for £272. I wonder if someone should point this out? Or is there something I'm missing?
This ended a couple of months back.