PDA

View Full Version : F/S Performance Chip on Ebay

p1_
28-03-2005, 11:02 AM
See this Ebay dealers site - type Galant into the search box and check out the cheap chips offering 10-20hp extra.

Anyone tried these? :inquisiti

http://stores.ebay.com/9thwondras-Store_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

AllBeItMine
28-03-2005, 09:39 PM
well. even if we could chip our cars which we can't... the golden rule is always get your ecu/chip tuned to your cars modifications. buying something online that says it does something and putting it in your car with no idea what it actually does is pretty dumb

psbarham
28-03-2005, 09:46 PM
i think these work by altering the signal between the maf and the ecu . how can they get it right for every car exhaust / filter combo

ThEbIrDmAn13
28-03-2005, 10:41 PM
that is garbage... the good ol saying comes into play... hp doesn't come cheap

Roberto
29-03-2005, 07:35 AM
With only 2 legs connected looks like just a change of resistor.

I have heard of this before, a guy in work was told +15bhp to a standard 1.2 Punto. I just laughed.

As far as I am aware it keeps the car thinking it cold, more petrol used not an increase at all. :inquisiti

p1_
01-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Thanks Guys :thumbsup: one to avoid then. :scholar:

Kieran
01-04-2005, 01:54 AM
s far as I am aware it keeps the car thinking it cold, more petrol used not an increase at all. :inquisiti

Yip, that's exactly what they do. These 'chips' usually trim the engine temperature reading going to the ECU and fool it into pumping in more fuel. Gives a marginal increase at ninja-high revs, but day to day it makes the the engine run too rich.... Not good.

Nick Mann
01-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Gives a marginal increase at ninja-high revs

PMSL!!

How high is ninja-high?

Kieran
01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
PMSL!!

How high is ninja-high?

/Cue Honorable Kieran-San, the nefarious Ginger-Ninja crashing through a window to explain! :karate: :karate:

Hiya! :veryangry Woaaaaii!!! :smartass:

"When revolutions of engine approach Ninja Heights, wise man must think of changing gear, unless he want cogs to exit gearbox like shiruken!!" :|