PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Master Cylinder

RXWPN
08-07-2020, 04:46 AM
Hi Guys,

Can we use Evo clutch master cylinders on a facelift Legnum VR4? I have an aftermarket heavy duty clutch and the engagement point is right at the top of the pedal and adjusting the pushrod assembly doesn't seem to do much. I have heard that the Evo master cylinders have a larger bore and may make for a better engagement point? I have a new OEM spec Legnum master and slave cylinders just not happy with where it engages. I hope clutch isn't worn its only done under 30,000 ks and it isn't slipping at all.

Has anyone tried the Evo master cylinder?

Cheers

Nick Mann
08-07-2020, 08:33 PM
I've never heard that before. I'd be interested to hear the results.

Davezj
08-07-2020, 11:11 PM
there has been a lot of talk on here about brake master cylinder and using different size one but i have never heard of anyone wanting to change a clutch master cylinder.

is there any mechanical adjustment on the pedal side of the clutch master cylinder i have a clutch pedal and master cylinder in the shed as part of my manual conversion kit i can have a look tomorrow if you want.

RXWPN
09-07-2020, 06:40 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that adjusting the shaft just adjusts the free play. winding it in just makes the pedal have less travel which doesn't feel great. I think clutch just might be worn ill get it checked. I'm not going to be happy replacing one very 30k though.

Davezj
09-07-2020, 12:12 PM
make sure you are not low on clutch fluid. not sure how that would effect engagement pedal height but with checking.

Kenneth
10-07-2020, 10:28 AM
Use a camera or friend to check the slave actuation compared to the pedal.
Also try making the push rod shorter. I found that trying to have it too long stopped it being able to self adjust.