PDA

View Full Version : Sad times - a parting from my first love

kristian_s
22-07-2020, 08:19 AM
Hi Folks,
I should have joined years ago but just 'never gotten a round tuit' - I am sure I used to have one somewhere.
Anyway. It has been an emotional rollercoaster with my VR4 but alas time and the UK weather has taken its toll. If anyone is interested in a Donor Car project, this one is perfect. The engine is as sweet as nut, but alas everything else is pretty shot. Transfer box is U/S, gearbox unknown. But the real damage has been to the structural integrity underneath. If anyone wants it - shout up quickly because it is going to the recycling plant next week. Farewell, old friend.

82323 82324 82325 82326

82327 82328 82329 82330

82331 82332 82333 82334

82335 82336 82337

elnevio
22-07-2020, 08:43 AM
:o

Holy moly!

Sadly, fairly standard for an 'official UK' car. The importers gave them nothing more than a rudimentary undersealing. And why would an owner of a new car even think about getting a car undersealed subsequently. Shame, cause they still look good on the outside.

And I suppose, /Welcome

galantnight
22-07-2020, 10:46 AM
Sorry to see this looks a good car from the outside
What wheels are they ? looks like my wheels are they in good condition ?

galantnight
22-07-2020, 10:49 AM
Have you thought about breaking it yourself and post on other sites sure other owners are looking for parts ?
if you don’t want to do that then list the place you send it to and then they can take it from there.
Still a shame when I see this :(

kristian_s
22-07-2020, 07:59 PM
Sorry to see this looks a good car from the outside
What wheels are they ? looks like my wheels are they in good condition ?

Hi Galantnight

they are as follows:

They were bought from AlloyWheels.COM originally

-----------------------------------------------------------
4 x Dotz GTR
18" Dotz GTR (8018DOTZGTR)

but I found them here tonight > https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/dotz/gtr/hyper-silver/18-inch

They should be but I haven't checked in a wee while and the car is now too far away to take a peek. sorry.

Kristian

kristian_s
22-07-2020, 08:04 PM
Have you thought about breaking it yourself and post on other sites sure other owners are looking for parts ?
if you don’t want to do that then list the place you send it to and then they can take it from there.
Still a shame when I see this :(

So, it has been a forced decision. I have been trying to get someone to look at the car for over two years but he kept putting the job back, so I gave up. Then, a forced move of house meant I had to have the car moved so I knew the transfer box was done so sent it to Tameside Transmissions in Manchester. But it has not been on a ramp in a while and Steve there sent me the pictures with the rotting underneath. So, having investigated the effort and costs involved I cannot justify the spend on what might be a fruitless task. Some parts will be difficult to get a hold of and possibly need a transplant car.... so I am throwing in the towel. But the vehicle needs to be moved pronto. I couldn't do it myself.
I will post its final resting place on here
Kristian

galantnight
22-07-2020, 08:13 PM
Hi Galantnight

they are as follows:

They were bought from AlloyWheels.COM originally

-----------------------------------------------------------
4 x Dotz GTR
18" Dotz GTR (8018DOTZGTR)

but I found them here tonight > https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/dotz/gtr/hyper-silver/18-inch

They should be but I haven't checked in a wee while and the car is now too far away to take a peek. sorry.

Kristian

Hi Kristen,they are the same as mine, I got mine when they first came out in 2010 mine are ok but if you can get some photos of them close up to see what condition they are in I would make you a offer for them if that’s possible :)

kristian_s
22-07-2020, 08:14 PM
:o

Holy moly!

Sadly, fairly standard for an 'official UK' car. The importers gave them nothing more than a rudimentary undersealing. And why would an owner of a new car even think about getting a car undersealed subsequently. Shame, cause they still look good on the outside.

And I suppose, /Welcome

Yes. I never thought about it when I bought it either, why would one? Ack well.

Thanks for the welcome

Kristian

kristian_s
22-07-2020, 08:24 PM
Hi Kristen,they are the same as mine, I got mine when they first came out in 2010 mine are ok but if you can get some photos of them close up to see what condition they are in I would make you a offer for them if that’s possible :)

Hi. So they are. Good choice.

The challenge I have is that the car is about 100 miles from me. But I can ask someone a favour and see if he will take pictures. The trouble is..... The car really needs to go as a whole as I don't have the facilities to break up a car, nor the time nor would I want to pay for car transport back to mine and there is no way it can sit on my drive with parts being taken off it... So it would have to be the complete car or else it has to go to the breakers I am afraid. Sorry

Kristian

galantnight
23-07-2020, 02:55 AM
Hi,
That’s a shame about the distance but if you could get photo’s of them I can see if it’s worth contacting the breakers and getting them from there.
Btw what is the location of the car as there maybe someone who will take it as a whole car that lives nearer than me and has somewhere to put it .
John

kristian_s
24-07-2020, 01:24 AM
Hi John, I will see if I can get some pictures sorted for you.
It is currently in East Manchester M43 7BA if that helps.
Kristian

galantnight
24-07-2020, 02:05 AM
Hi John, I will see if I can get some pictures sorted for you.
It is currently in East Manchester M43 7BA if that helps.
Kristian

Thanks, how long you had them wheels for ?

kristian_s
24-07-2020, 05:05 PM
I have had the wheels a long time, but they have only done 8,500 miles and so should be in good order, just the tyres will be shot due to time is all

galantnight
25-07-2020, 09:45 AM
Thanks keep us updated on what you decide to do :)

Amonlym
27-07-2020, 05:32 PM
Id be interested in a few interior bits, so as for John, please keep us informed. Very sad news anyway :(

adaxo
27-07-2020, 05:50 PM
Maybe not so sad, yes its to far gone to even attempt to fix rust, but It will keep couple vr4s (not rotten so badly) on the road, Im collecting it tomorrow and it will be broken for parts so keep your eyes open in FS thread as club members take first dibs.

galantnight
27-07-2020, 06:21 PM
Maybe not so sad, yes its to far gone to even attempt to fix rust, but It will keep couple vr4s (not rotten so badly) on the road, Im collecting it tomorrow and it will be broken for parts so keep your eyes open in FS thread as club members take first dibs.

I glad someone got it and not the breakers when you get it can you let me know what condition the wheels are in ? As I may be interested if they are better than mine :)

adaxo
27-07-2020, 06:23 PM
I glad someone got it and not the breakers when you get it can you let me know what condition the wheels are in ? As I may be interested if they are better than mine :)

Have a quick look around today and they almost new condition with just a couple little kerb marks, a bit dirty, I will send you closeups when they clear off the car.

galantnight
27-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Have a quick look around today and they almost new condition with just a couple little kerb marks, a bit dirty, I will send you closeups when they clear off the car.

Louis
27-07-2020, 10:42 PM
Nice One Adam :)
Good to know it's not going yo a scrap yard!. Looks like some good bits on there as well as all the general bits people look for :)

Atik
28-07-2020, 09:26 AM

Good to hear. Would be interested in the steering wheel when its ready for stripping.

adaxo
28-07-2020, 09:35 AM
Good to hear. Would be interested in the steering wheel when its ready for stripping.

Wow, did you convert back to VR4? Its in poor state, not like in pictures, will post details when I get car

Atik
28-07-2020, 11:03 AM
Wow, did you convert back to VR4? Its in poor state, not like in pictures, will post details when I get car

Not a VR4. Just realised, I havent actually posted on here that I'm in a new car. Will put a thread up shortly. :bananadan
Ok pictures will be appreciated.

adaxo
28-07-2020, 09:03 PM
Not a VR4. Just realised, I havent actually posted on here that I'm in a new car. Will put a thread up shortly. :bananadan
Ok pictures will be appreciated.

Have a look and pm me if you still want it and your offer