PDA

View Full Version : The VR-4 is gone, long live the VR-4!

Roadrunner
02-04-2005, 03:16 PM
As the title says, my old VR-4 has been sold ... but I've got another one to play with :D - 2000X Ralliart car which will soon be up to the same spec as the last one.

The old one went to a friend who does all the mechanical work for me and he's planning to do some track days with it so we should (hopefully) soon have another member in the club :)

Big Ian
02-04-2005, 04:11 PM
:thumbsup: good luck with your new VR4 Brian......hope it's as loyal as your "auld yin" /yes

Spirit
02-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Same scenario as me then really mate - I sold my old one to the son of the garage owner who maintain mine. Goes to show they must be impressed with them :thumbsup:

As Ian said, good luck with the new one - hope you don't miss your old one as much as we do :embarasse (not that we are unhappy with the new one btw)

Wodjno
02-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Congrats .. Hope we will soon see some Piccys .. /yes

Roadrunner
02-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Congrats .. Hope we will soon see some Piccys .. /yes
There's already a piccy in CVR4Cars :) of the old and the new together ... :D

Roadrunner
02-04-2005, 08:07 PM
hope you don't miss your old one as much as we do
No, should be OK ;) I've already got the Brembos and 17s for the new one, waiting on the braided hoses to arrive to get them fitted. ATF cooler is on order, got the synthetic ATF on the shelf. Waiting for the service bits to arrive (oil, filters, belts, etc.) so I know the car's good from the start /yes I reckon it'll be up to the spec of the old one within a month or two ... :D

Kieran
02-04-2005, 09:56 PM
:thumbsup: Nice.... /yes

What made you change up, seeing as the new one is near identical? just the fact that the car is younger and has less miles? :inquisiti

Roadrunner
02-04-2005, 11:47 PM
:thumbsup: Nice.... /yes

What made you change up, seeing as the new one is near identical? just the fact that the car is younger and has less miles? :inquisiti
Yes, just that. The old one has 104k miles on it, but is running perfectly, the new one was at the right price with 35k miles. I usually get bored with cars after two or three years and change to something else. I'd had the old one nearly three years and had looked around for something else but came to the conclusion that nothing could touch the VR-4 for what I want from a car, so another one was the sensible decision.

Two or three years from now, though, who knows? The Maserati still beckons ... :D

The Vee
03-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Nice one H7. that says a lot for a car, to go and get another one :thumbsup:

Roadrunner
03-04-2005, 12:20 AM
First time in 35 years I've ever replaced a car with the same model ... You're right, it says a lot about this car /yes