PDA

View Full Version : Fuse or what?

Legnum Boy
02-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Just when I thought it was safe to say my car is running fine.... it develops another fault.... :embarasse

This one has been brought up before, but I cant find the thread...(hint, hint) :thumbsup:

Finished 4 hrs cleaning and polishing. Press the keyfob to lock and alarm her.... the lights flash as per normal and the beep of the arming occurs... but no locking. (Scorpion aftermarket)

Un-arm alarm, get in, turn ignition on, no dash backlights (arms light up), start her up, still no dash back lights, notice that the central locking locks and auto unlocks again (off the door button), notice no interior lights, notice no edge of door lights, notice cd player wont work but the radio does, notice the ecu must have reset due to aircon resetting to default temp, confirm this when driving as the INVECs has gone to stupid mode....... turn off car, restart, no change in symptoms, and the ecu has reset again..... /help

To lock her, I have to do it manually on all doors and then arm the alarm.... and everytime I stop the engine, the ecu resets, not to mention driving with out seeing the speedo and more alarmingly, the fuel guage.....

...all this an its gotta have its MOT real soon, bugger bugger bugger!!!!! /yes

Relays, Fuses (bugger) where should I look first..... :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
03-04-2005, 12:25 AM
fuse box under the bonnet - the interior lights fuse - 10A.

Legnum Boy
03-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Well spotted that man..... :drummer:

It was the first fuse I checked this morning in my fault finding mode. /yes

Burnt to buggery, guess that will teach me to leave all four doors and boot open whilst giving her a long wax and polish. :embarasse

It's strange (and worrying) how many things are affected by one fuse though...

1. No interior lights (Obviously)
2. Central locking not operating correctly (linked through the flashing of interior lights, i guess)
3. No dash backlight, but needles still lit? (???)
4. CD Bootchanger disabled completely, but Radio working fine (changer must take its feed from the interior light circuit - handy to know)
5. ECU resets everytime ignition switched off (??? - The car is almost un-driveable in permanent learning mode)

These cars weird me out, sooooo much sometimes. :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
03-04-2005, 05:35 PM
I blew the fuse removing the headlining last week. Caught the screwdriver on a lamp terminal and the body work. My stereo didn't work at all, same problem with the dash (needles still lit) and interior lights not working, CC reset to 25 degrees every time the car was re-started and central locking was quirky.

When you described your problem, it was still fresh in my memory!

Kieran
04-04-2005, 12:00 AM
If there's ever an 'common issues and their solutions' article done, this must be in it!! /yes

chris_dono
06-03-2012, 08:04 PM
just had a similar issue and it was that exact fuse !

worth the membership fee just for this :)