PDA

View Full Version : Boost restriction

Axeboy
02-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Hi All

Ive had a de-cat and simota induction added last week to the car. The car already had a HKS EVC IV boost controller running at 0.6bar.

A few days after the decat and induction was done i noticed the boost controller beeping when max boost was reached, then it would drop to about 0.5bar but never exactly one pressure, just random.

My first thoughts were fuel, but ive only used optimax recently and assumed the boost controller would override the boost limiter anyway.. is this correct?

However, thinking about it... is it possible that the Boost Controller needs re-calibrating after the other mods?

Legnum Boy
03-04-2005, 01:31 PM
The boost level would have been positively affected by the de-cat and induction, and hence it sounds like you are now hitting the boost warning limit set on the boost controller. I guess it has an auto safety feature that cuts boost back to a predetermined safe level.

Re-set up the boost controller, and IMHO, I would increase the boost to at least 0.8 Bar - it is a safe level with a noticeable difference. /yes

0.6 Bar is vitually what the standard boost solenoid is set to anyway... :scholar:

Axeboy
03-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Cheers for that, its what i thought.

I'll recalibrate it this week. I kept it at 0.6bar on low boost, 0.8 on high, just to be safe. I will increase this to 0.8bar low though.

Thanks for the info m8