PDA

View Full Version : 3G brakes fitted...at our Galant 'micro-meet'!

Smokinmasta2
03-04-2005, 10:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/Smokinmasta/3gbrakes1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/Smokinmasta/3gbrakes.jpg

Had our own Galant micro meet - just two of us - psbarham and me!!!

Paul fitted the 3G brakes and EBC Red stuff ceramic pads. We also done angel-eyes (see seperate thread!) and a BBQ/beer to finish!!
Got to say even on the bedding in stage they feel a 200% improvement over the standard ones!!
Proper write up will be put in the members area this week!!

Smokin......................

psbarham
03-04-2005, 10:16 PM
should have backed up a couple of foot so the badge was level , sorry nit picking :rolleyes4

bernmc
03-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Lookin' good. Sorry I missed the fun :bigcry:. Look forward to hearing how the things last...

kitefighter
04-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Those wheels and brakes look gorgeous. It will be interesting to know where you obtained them. Are the disks standard or an upgrade?

And where did you get the brakes? I often drive up to Norfolk (my gf lives there), so if there's a garage I should drop into....

Take care.

caishanvr4
04-04-2005, 01:14 AM
lookz the nutz smoking, the bloody nutz

bernmc
04-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Those wheels and brakes look gorgeous. It will be interesting to know where you obtained them. Are the disks standard or an upgrade?

And where did you get the brakes? I often drive up to Norfolk (my gf lives there), so if there's a garage I should drop in to
brakes: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7425

Wheels: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7809

Trow
04-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Yeh man, that looks awsome - good work to the two of U :thumbsup:

Smokinmasta2
04-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks Bern for pointing the newbie to the right area!!
I am rather disapointed in the response to the group buy on these discs though???
Galants must have the poorest brakes i have had on any car i know (apart from my MK1 Golf GTI i had that is!!)...............come on guys the 'discount' is there for the taking - i only got mine early as i needed them urgently so went without the group buy discount!!
I'm sure there is more than three people needing an upgrade to their brakes!!???

Mention a carbon bonnet and peeps are falling over themselves................. :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

Smokin.....................

psbarham
04-04-2005, 11:27 AM
here are some more pictures from the gedney micro meet. as you can see from the first one the excitement was to much for some people

Kieran
04-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Numberplates...........

psbarham
04-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Doh!!! i'll just sort it

psbarham
04-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Numberplates...........
all sorted , well spoted that man. sorry john

RED
04-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Ohhh they look great :thumbsup: top job lads. There's going to be some competition at Japfest with all this primping and preening going on /yes better remember to have a bath the night before :rolleyes4

bernmc
04-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I am rather disapointed in the response to the group buy on these discs though???

I think the reason is that the National/Ferodo combo is well known to work, cheap and trusted, so members will probably wait a while to see how you get on with yours. If the VR4 hasn't chewed them up in a couple of months, peeps may be a bit more keen. I'm still humming and ha-ing about evo brembos vs an upgrade to standard discs and pads atm, so may well be in the market soonish...

psbarham
04-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Ohhh they look great :thumbsup: top job lads. There's going to be some competition at Japfest with all this primping and preening going on /yes better remember to have a bath the night before :rolleyes4
yup your right they look the mut's nut's , so much more tasteful than those common as muck brembo's bring yours over and we will sort it out for you :thumbsup:

Smokinmasta2
04-04-2005, 08:47 PM
I think the reason is that the National/Ferodo combo is well known to work, cheap and trusted, so members will probably wait a while to see how you get on with yours. If the VR4 hasn't chewed them up in a couple of months, peeps may be a bit more keen. I'm still humming and ha-ing about evo brembos vs an upgrade to standard discs and pads atm, so may well be in the market soonish...

The National club combo aint that cheap really, £230 still.
Have used National before, and only found them to be in the 'budget bracket' IMHO.
DS2500 is another matter - 3G really rate them, but don't do them as they had lots of problems with getting them in quick enough for customers.
The only unknown for me is the ceramic pads on such a heavy car.............
certainly be shot to bits after japfest - well i hope they will be!! else i'm not trying hard enough!!

Bern - stick you name down on the maybe list (3G group guy one).
Spoke to 3G today and feeling a little embaressed as i said i would not have much trouble getting a few to buy into this............ :embarasse
Was looking into their big brake conversion......................... Paul would certainly like the big brakes his car :) :) :) :)

Smokin...............