PDA

View Full Version : Buying VR4 and Exhaust Costs

stevie_d
04-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Hi all,

Looking at a 2000 (w) reg VR4 estate in dark purple with 60,000 on the clock.

Does £10,500 sound right or too high? /help

Also, the exhaust looks corroded (pipes only) but just wanted to know what sort of cost we are talking for a replacement (Cat back)

Thanks

stevie_d
04-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Just realised people get irratated with questions from non-members that are covered in the members section!! :embarasse

I am looking at a VR4 at mo (as described above) but just wanted to clarify before buying...

Once I get one I will join!!!! :happy:

paulmc
04-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Nah pretty easy going bunch on here.

Price wise i dont know the prices seem to be all over the place.

If it was me I would be looking at 9.5k for a 2000 with 60k on it. I found a 99 with 28k for £8200 but needed some more looking into before I would buy it so I have gone for another.

After market pipe is around £550ish depends what you buy

HTH

Paul

Sulli
04-04-2005, 12:41 PM
You'll get a named system (Fujitsubo etc) for £600 ish, or handmade one for £400ish.
Depending on condition, history and whether it's a Ralliart one, it's difficult to say on price.
What is history on it?

stevie_d
04-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Ralliart import in 2000.

Full Mitsubishi Service History every 4 - 4,500 miles

Recent cambelt change

450miles since last service.

Scuff on drivers seat and 2 stone chips on front, other than the exhaust rust it seems excellent!

Nick Mann
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
this one (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18230&item=4539865917&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)? If you like it, try the starting bid. Thats a reasonable price! The buy it now is far too much. If it is UK from new, then the service book should be able to give you peace of mind that it has been looked after.

Good luck.

Brunty
04-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Why has it got a red :3d: instead of silver :3d: ?

In the description it is listed as burgundy/maroon?

There is also somebody asleep in the boot!

http://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/8d/e8/84_1_b.JPG

psbarham
04-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Why has it got a red :3d: instead of silver :3d: ?

In the description it is listed as burgundy/maroon?

There is also somebody asleep in the boot!

http://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/8d/e8/84_1_b.JPG
my v6 has a red :3d: not a silver :3d: but smokinmasta's vr4 has a silver :3d: and not a red :3d: so i think its to do with uk spec and jap spec . as for the person in the boot , he's not asleep ,the car was obviosly used by a triad gang as a disposal car ( stealthy and quick) and they must have decided to sell it complete with last victim ,saves clogging up britains water ways with body wrapped in carpet

stevie_d
04-04-2005, 03:00 PM
my v6 has a red :3d: not a silver :3d: but smokinmasta's vr4 has a silver :3d: and not a red :3d: so i think its to do with uk spec and jap spec . as for the person in the boot , he's not asleep ,the car was obviosly used by a triad gang as a disposal car ( stealthy and quick) and they must have decided to sell it complete with last victim ,saves clogging up britains water ways with body wrapped in carpet

Superb!!!

I reckon that's the previous owner and I am unsure if I can get him out of the boot!!! :embarasse

But, as to the purchase price, they are offering me the car at £10,500 with £3,000 on my old (200,000 kms) FTO (which is in need of paintwork all over!!!)

Looks good to me but just unsure if 10,500 is too high...

Thanks all!

ritch_w
04-04-2005, 03:05 PM
i would say £10.5 K is alright, sometime you get them cheaper, sometimes not.
there are more expensive VR4s on the market.

depends how much you want it!!

stevie_d
04-04-2005, 03:21 PM
i would say £10.5 K is alright, sometime you get them cheaper, sometimes not.
there are more expensive VR4s on the market.

depends how much you want it!!

Oh I WANT IT!!!!!! :evil2:

Missus has come around now... :thumbsup:

Final one before I leave you all in peace... How do I tell which version it is (S or V)?

Nothing on the log book to help!

ritch_w
04-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Type V doesnt have the AYc etc, Type S does

check the buyers guide & specisications in the Resources Tab for detailed info

paulmc
04-04-2005, 03:55 PM
£10500 is good if you have a trade-in

stevie_d
04-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Ouch!!!

Just chased the Cardiff Mitsubishi dealers for the price of a full oil change (engine, box, diffs etc...)

£550!!! Well, looks like I need to do that myself. Do it on the FTO so no reason to panic... :rolleyes4

Sulli
04-04-2005, 06:14 PM
£10.5k for a genuine Ralliart 2000 VR4 Type S? Of course it's worth it, but then again I would say that ;)

If it really is a Ralliart one (and it may not be, despite what they say) there are a number of things to check:
1. It has a Ralliart service book (not just a Galant or Legnum one)
2. It has Ralliart sticker in various places (mine has the Ralliart badge on the boot, on the inside of the sunvisors is a Ralliart warning about airbags, in the glovebox is another Ralliart sticker saying something or other, when you open the fuel filler there's a Ralliart warning about Super unleaded or something). Mine also has Ralliart VR4 luxury mats.
3. Check with the Colt Car Company, or Mitsubishi UK, to see if it is an offical import.
4. Check with the dealers who serviced it - will be easy enough as the registration is on that ad, and they will tell you about the service history and whether it's a genuine one.

Finally - I think it should be named a Galant, not a Legnum, if it's an official Ralliart one - but maybe that's just me.

Oh, and view it first.

LMAO at psbarham :rolleyes4 :thumbsup:

wirdy
04-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Ouch!!!

Just chased the Cardiff Mitsubishi dealers for the price of a full oil change (engine, box, diffs etc...)

£550!!! Well, looks like I need to do that myself. Do it on the FTO so no reason to panic... :rolleyes4

We'll save you £530 (20 beer tokens required to join the fold). It'll take you a couple of hours but all the info to do this competently is in the members section. /yes

Nick Mann
04-04-2005, 10:31 PM
I bought everything for a full fluid change (Except brake and AYC hydraulic) for less than £90. And Wirdy's article is spot on! (In the members section!!)

Sulli is also spot on with his UK spec variations, although I used to have one without the fuel warning on the filler cap. The rear foglight is a good giveaway too, and that looks to be the right one. Also, as Sulli correctly says, it should say GALANT on the tailgate, not LEGNUM, although the V5 probably will say Legnum VR4.

£10.5k with a good p/ex is probably okay, but it needs to be immaculate. I'd want to pay less!! The observation about the rarity of that age and good condition is also true!