PDA

View Full Version : Odd dome light behavior

Daedalus
19-06-2021, 01:07 AM
So one of the minor faults i am currently chasing is that the front dome lights do not come on with the door open.

The door switches appear to be working fine, when i open either front door the rear dome light comes on and the dash door open warning comes on.

All new bulbs and manually switching them on works fine, i am guessing there is a door module hiding somewhere that is misbehaving

Nick Mann
19-06-2021, 03:25 AM
That's a weird one.
I imagine that it could go through the etacs unit? There are two connections on the door switch, grounded through the mounting screw. Although other interior lights coming on fogs that possibility a little.

Amonlym
20-06-2021, 05:01 PM
The selector push buttons for on/off/auto were bad on my car, took a fiddle to get it to work. if the door is open try fiddling wit hte button in the auto position if the light flickers, thats it.

ER1K
26-06-2021, 09:27 PM
So one of the minor faults i am currently chasing is that the front dome lights do not come on with the door open.

The door switches appear to be working fine, when i open either front door the rear dome light comes on and the dash door open warning comes on.

All new bulbs and manually switching them on works fine, i am guessing there is a door module hiding somewhere that is misbehaving

My car is currently doing this too. I'm gonna try what Amonlym suggested

Daedalus
26-06-2021, 09:42 PM
I gave it a try on mine but had no luck.