PDA

View Full Version : Galant, boot spring.

BraindG
05-04-2005, 12:20 AM
To any of the Galant owners.. Have you heard your boot lid spring "Twang" at high speeds? i think mines getting a bit slack, as its starting to twang at silly speeds. It's a slightly distrubing sound, but nothing life threatning.

Kieran
05-04-2005, 08:12 AM
To any of the Galant owners.. Have you heard your boot lid spring "Twang" at high speeds? i think mines getting a bit slack, as its starting to twang at silly speeds. It's a slightly distrubing sound, but nothing life threatning.

Hordak is running without a good chunk of the interior at the moment, and since I removed the boot trim, I too can hear the springs!

Aand everything else!! :embarasse :embarasse

HELLO? NO!, I'M IN A FECKING NOISY CAR WHERE I CAN HEAR EVERY CHANGE IN THE ROAD SURFACE! WHAT?

Roadrunner
05-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Remove the springs - you don't need 'em :)

Big Ian
05-04-2005, 08:43 AM
another stupid rattle noise from the rear is the middle rear seat belt housing!...rattle's even more with a bit of bass :embarasse
ive tried a few way's to "shut it up"..but it's from the inner working's....next step: :inquisiti remove the center belt?

BraindG
05-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Hordak is running without a good chunk of the interior at the moment, and since I removed the boot trim, I too can hear the springs!

Thing is, i have everything in place.. its really super loud... hard to describe.. but at about 90mph, it just twangs, twangs, twangs.. :inquisiti

HELLO? NO!, I'M IN A FECKING NOISY CAR WHERE I CAN HEAR EVERY CHANGE IN THE ROAD SURFACE! WHAT?

EH!? WHAT!?

Big Ian
05-04-2005, 09:37 AM

:evil2: say this to yourself in a Doctor Evil voice....it work's! :embarasse (Austin powers)

Brunty
22-07-2005, 08:07 PM

Check. Had that it seems to have now turned from an occasional 'twang' to a frequent rattle! PITA

My car is way too noisy now - needs a large does of care and attention.

BraindG
24-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Ive not heard it twang since putting this thread up mind you.. wonder why /Hmmm - I've not done anything to to... /shrug

Il Dottore
26-07-2005, 09:21 AM
It happened to me constantly when going at exactly 80 MPH (on a private test track, of course). It happened on both VR4 Saloons I had. I never removed the springs to test the theory though.

BraindG
26-07-2005, 10:30 AM
ah, maybe thats why im not hearing it... i slow down a bit to 80 /Steeringw :happy:

Wouter
26-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Ive not heard it twang since putting this thread up mind you.. wonder why /Hmmm - I've not done anything to to... /shrug

I did notice that you put the "Carpeting" back in your boot... Did you do that when you posted this thread?

BraindG
26-07-2005, 03:54 PM
no idea.. don't know why that would affect it, it doesnt touch it..