PDA

View Full Version : Sites where one can buy a VR4?

Kalle
05-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Hi!
I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for a Legnum VR4 98-
I live in Sweden and therefore I would like to know some selling sites in the UK where I can find these cars 4 sale. Like advertising sites (autotrader?) and also companies that import the VR4.
Thanks!

/Kalle driving a Mitsubishi Colt GTi
http://www.soederman.se/colt
kalle@soederman.se

Dream Weaver
06-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Kalle

Be aware they are all right hand drive.

I drove my Range Rover in Sweden for a year and had no problems but you will want to overtake more with a Legnum so you might like to think if a RHD car is going to be OK.

As far as I know LHD conversion is either very expensive or impossible (or both !!)

ritch_w
06-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Marcel is in the process of converting his to LHD and it does not look simple

get in touch with Marcel for info

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6724&highlight=lhd
:rolleyes4

Nick Mann
06-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Post 98 cars are hard to find in the UK. Import laws at the moment mean that pre 98 cars are much easier to bring in.

Autocar for sure, you'll see more there than anywhere else. Also the For Sale section on this site, sometimes even e-bay.

Good luck!

bernmc
06-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Post 98 cars are hard to find in the UK. Import laws at the moment mean that pre 98 cars are much easier to bring in.
Should read pre 97 - new ESVA applies to anything made after 31 Dec 1996. Not sure how these laws would apply to another EU country, so it's worth doing a bit of research - you may be able to bring a later model in.

Kalle
07-04-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm aware of the little problem with RHD, but that's something I can live with if I can get my hands on a VR4... :leer:

Dream Weaver
07-04-2005, 02:36 PM
If Sweden had not switched over from driving on the left to driving on the right you wouldn't have a problem !

I believe the change over was in the Sixties ?

I have also been told that even though you drove on the left before the changeover, all the cars were left hand drive.

One thing I found from working in Sweden for nearly three years is that the Swedish just love to be different !

broberg
28-04-2005, 11:32 AM
If Sweden had not switched over from driving on the left to driving on the right you wouldn't have a problem !

I believe the change over was in the Sixties ?

I have also been told that even though you drove on the left before the changeover, all the cars were left hand drive.

One thing I found from working in Sweden for nearly three years is that the Swedish just love to be different !

Jupp, we love to have things that are uniqe or.. first of something :D

Coltkalle : Vad sägs om att vi köper varsin och delar på kostnaderna för inreggning? :D

michaeli
28-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Do you know Jan Ove Waldner?? :inquisiti

Kalle
28-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, I have seen him drunk at a subway station if that counts... ;)

My own thoughts about swedish people is that the great majority don't want to be different! But there's of course a little click of people that just love to be different... me!? :leer:

Broberg: Kan man verkligen göra så? Ska nog köpa en om ett år ungefär, vi kan väl höras om det på forumet då.. :)

broberg
28-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Broberg: Kan man verkligen göra så? Ska nog köpa en om ett år ungefär, vi kan väl höras om det på forumet då.. :)

Nu vetifan om jag kan köpa en om ett år, men det är ju så att det första exemplaret är ju alltid svårast och dyrast att importera (Tror bara reg-kostnader skulle gå på 30k när jag kolla upp det lite vagt för ett par år sen.. En anledning till att ingen har importerat ngt ex ännu kanske?). så då om man är två eller tre som köper varsinn så kan man dela allas inregistrerings avgifter (den första som är grunden för de andra två är ju dyrast) så spär man ut den stora kostnaden på alla tre.. vilket gör det billigare för alla då en bil står som "modell".

hänger du med?

dvs en av de tre reggar sin bil först och skaffar papper osv. och betalar de största utgifterna.

Sen blir det ju bara vanlig "enkel" inreggning för de andra två.. vilket blir billigare och mindre jobbigt då papprena för modellen redan finns!

(du har väl märkt vilken explosion av nisan skylines det har kommit efter första exet blev reggat? :) )

-------------------
Sorry fellows but It was a bit to difficult for me to explain everything in English ;)

Kalle
28-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Aha ok, so there's not a single VR4 in Sweden... hmm yeah, that could lead to more expenses regarding registration and so on.. :(

broberg
29-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Aha ok, so there's not a single VR4 in Sweden... hmm yeah, that could lead to more expenses regarding registration and so on.. :(

Correct there is no 8G Galant vr4 in sweden.. atleast not a year back.. maybe somone did it this winter?

(there is some "old" galant vr4's in sweden, I even think they were sold in Sweden at some point.. not shure about that tough..)

But If you get all the correct papers from mitsubishi from the beginning there will probably be no problems except the money issue!