PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Low-mileage VR4 (UK)

Colonel Mullet
05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi

Looking to buy a VR4 for the wife - seen a few advertised at the moment but nothing that really fits the bill other than the one at Motorwey which is priced a little, ah, optimistically at £15k! Just wondered if anyone has a car that meets all the following requirements which they would be prepared to let go for a decent price (thinking around £11-12k for the right car)?

Must be a facelift model - the newer the better, ideally a 2000-2002 car.
Must be standard, excellent condition and FSH. Would consider a mildly-modded example (no more than exhaust/induction) if seller was prepared to put back to standard.
Mileage must be less than 35000, ideally less than 30k.
Would prefer a Ralliart car (most of this age seem to be anyway?) - either Legnum or Galant, ideally with some Red Zebra warranty left to run.
Colour must be black, blue or mauve. Would consider silver at a push but absolutely not anything else.
Edited to add: If it's not got the the Ralliart Recaros then must be leather seats!

I know all the 'must be this' and 'must be that' makes me sound like an arse but there's no point in wasting peoples' time as they are all non-negotiable requirements. Like I said, it's for the wife and she's one of those people who always knows exactly what she wants. :D

Please get in touch if you are thinking of selling or know someone who is.

Thanks. :)

Jay

Big Ian
05-04-2005, 09:30 PM
pitty about the colour's you are looking for as Ritch w (club member) has an absolute minter for sale,it matches everything you are looking for except it's peril-white..."stunning looking car" /yes

Smokinmasta2
05-04-2005, 11:49 PM
/help /help not being toooooo paticular............

With all of that as the requirements you MAY struggle - but your price range will help!!

Good luck fella, Smokin............

Colonel Mullet
06-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Seen Ritch_W's ad already - it is indeed a stunning looking motor and I would be attempting to persuade the wife that white is actually a great colour (which it is IMO) if it wasn't for the mileage on his car. I know it's hardly a high-mileage car at 50-odd thousand but whatever car we end up with is going to be kept for a few years and will be doing a lot of miles, so we need something that's starting with as little on the clock as possible.

Cheers

Jay

Il Dottore
08-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Colonel,

Please get in touch on 07768 065781. I will definitely be able to help you.

Phil

Kieran
08-04-2005, 06:19 PM
You bored already Phil? :inquisiti

Il Dottore
10-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Ah, Kieran! Watch this space...

psbarham
10-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Il Dottore shouldn't you have a valentino rossi piccy ? sorry to hijack the thread

Kieran
10-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Ah, Kieran! Watch this space...

Okay.... :inquisiti :inquisiti :inquisiti :inquisiti

Colonel Mullet
10-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Well, we went to see the one at Motorwey yesterday and it was an absolute shïtter. I have never seen a 3 year old 'enthusiasts' car in such a sorry state - the salesman kind of gave it away when he let on that the previous owner had traded it in for a pickup truck, as that was clearly the purpose the poor old VR4 had fulfilled. Funniest thing was him trying to say that 'the price reflects the condition'. Ah well.

I did drive the car and it went quite nicely but I wasn't happy about the steering which felt a bit too low-geared. It's the curse of being an ex-Evo owner I guess, but everything else feels dull in comparison. We are now thinking of trying an Evo 7 GTA before looking at any more VR4s, although a VR4 is far from being ruled out.

Phil - I forgot to ask when we spoke on Friday, is yours a Legnum or Galant? I have your number now and will give you a call if we decide to return to the VR4 idea.

Cheers

Jay

Il Dottore
10-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Il Dottore shouldn't you have a valentino rossi piccy ? sorry to hijack the thread
If you know what he looks like, then you know why I don't have him as my avatar! /yes

psbarham
10-04-2005, 08:18 PM
If you know what he looks like, then you know why I don't have him as my avatar! /yes
get an early one , when he used to have a hair cut , did you see jerez today?

Il Dottore
11-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Sure did! Best race I have seen in a long time!

Don't you just love "racing incidents" ?!?!?!?

psbarham
11-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Sure did! Best race I have seen in a long time!

Don't you just love "racing incidents" ?!?!?!?
to bl00dy right , that was awesome , talk about "if theres half a gap go for it " shame about nicky hayden though , but then again nice one marco . sete didn't look to impressed on the podium did he , and as for the international sign language as he crossed the line ,priceless :thumbsup: