PDA

View Full Version : Next Castle Combe Day

Simon
29-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Held by:
Classic & sports Car Action Day INSERT INTO post VALUES (Classic and sports car magazine)
A mixture of old and new sports cars which will be split into different classes for track action.
Saturday 30th August 2003
Prices: Admission £8 per person. Track pass £20 per car allowing a driver INSERT INTO post VALUES (obviously) and a pasenger

No details of club space yet....normally held for the "classic" cars...modern ones have to fit in between.
Once ive more info...will post. If you "Moderators" want to run a "list" it might be useful
:)

BraindG
29-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Would anyone be interested in attending this?
1: Simon
2: Barry
3: Pudd
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Simon
31-07-2003, 06:48 PM
You dont have to drive around the track...you can simply turn and watch INSERT INTO post VALUES (chickens:D ) only joking. It will be a good day with plenty of action, rest assured they will not allow the Scoobys anywhere near the track! INSERT INTO post VALUES (this is the place my picys were taken....think about it):thumb:

Ailsa
31-07-2003, 07:16 PM
Where is Castle Combe? This event sounds good to me but after last weekend and this weekend coming I think we need a break from the wildly far away stuff for a while!:rolleyes:

Spirit
31-07-2003, 09:32 PM
It's in Wiltshire Ailsa INSERT INTO post VALUES (same venue as Japfest in May) so quite a long drive for you guys again

Ailsa
01-08-2003, 12:56 AM
Bummer!:uhoh:

PUDD
01-08-2003, 01:03 AM
:)yeah ok ,put me down plzzzzzzzzzz.dont think i will do the track thing thou,but we'll see ;)

Spirit
01-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Added you mate - I am still not sure if I can make it yet :Ponder:

Simon
12-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Im just about to order the tickets to get in on the day and will probably leave the track pass tickets until the actual day.

I think i can get the tickets at £6 per person instead of £8, can you guys confirm if you are still able to go or if anyone else wants to come. Tickets on the day will now be £10.

I will then post the tickets on to you.

P.S SMALL WORLD. Just visiting a house on business...as you do...and got speaking to the guy there...into cars....anyway got onto jap imports and then the guys mobile phone goes and its Peter from VBJ!!!!!!! i shouted hello...the guy is in the process of buying a GTO...told him to go for the Legnum!

Its a small world....or VBJ are bigger than i thought:)

BraindG
12-08-2003, 03:00 PM
hahah, how funny is that :D - maybe hes also trying to take over the world.. hmm, that foils my plans.. right.. gotta go see him

PUDD
25-08-2003, 02:32 PM
:D Are we still on for this one guys:Ponder:

Simon
26-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Its still on!:D Spoke to Castle Combe re: ticket entry...i may get some before saturday if not its simply a case of paying on the gate. Im going out at least 3 times on track....allowing for brake pads etc.! This event will be "HUGE" we cant get club space but i know of areas where, if we get there at a reasonable time we can set up camp!!

We can either: meet before the event eg. Safeway Supermarket INSERT INTO post VALUES (if you went to Japfest) or met inside the circuit. I am hoping to get into the circuit 8.30 - 9am to nick a "space";) If meeting up before hand means others having to leave at stupid times to get there then we can meet inside. Remember this is a whole day event so no need to rush in the morning.

I normally go out once in am, once before lunch and mid afternoon.....and might do a late pm :devil2:

So......post your preference re: meeting up. What about our Leader???:bow:

BraindG
26-08-2003, 06:25 PM
What about our Leader???
:nervous:

:rolleyes:
theres a very small chance i might have my car back.. vbj might be lending me wheels/tyres till i sort out cash for new ones.. will know more tomorrow...

eitherway.. might come down anyways.. nothing planned at the weekend. ill repost tomorrow once i know more

Simon
26-08-2003, 08:32 PM
you know you want to really!:)

SUPAFLEA GUY
26-08-2003, 08:33 PM
i'm working this weekend but if i can get away for a bit i'll turn up on the day to say hello to everyone. as far as toasting my brakes/ tyres/ etc. not a chance. have fun either way.

Simon
26-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Come in and say hello.........................its on from 9'ish to 5'ish cheaper entry later in the day i think......possibley free!

:devil2:

Spirit
27-08-2003, 07:07 AM
Simon, sorry mate I am working this Saturday :Cry1:

PUDD
27-08-2003, 02:55 PM
:Cry1:im sorry lads,i am not going to be able to come after all,lesas just lost her gran and we have the funeral friday,then we have to do some clearing out this weekend.
but i look forward to seeing u all at santa pod.
take care and take some piccys for us plz

Simon
27-08-2003, 07:08 PM
No worries

bonsai boy
28-08-2003, 10:18 PM
got my car back from sas today
so going to give it a run down
see u there:D

Simon
29-08-2003, 08:58 PM
look forward to seeing you! now was it black or green your car!:D

Spirit
30-08-2003, 06:31 AM
Have a good day guys :D

Of to damn work in a minute so think of me when you are enjoying yourselves INSERT INTO post VALUES (note time of this post) :Cry1:

Pete

Simon
30-08-2003, 07:41 AM
i was up then as well!! but i was washing the car:D Will post pictures asap....hoping to get new "professional" photos ...may be with my VR4 number plate! we'll see:devil2:

jaysback
30-08-2003, 08:30 AM
still no car for me:INSERT INTO post VALUES (
wish i was there
have fun guys:p

Simon
31-08-2003, 07:08 PM
just watching the video footage of going around the circuit. Good day and sunny weather! makes a change. Bonsai Baoy INSERT INTO post VALUES (Graham) came and took him out for a session.....i'll let Bonsai Boy discribe the experience......thank God for AYC!:D Have some pictures to post very soon and hopefully some professional ones again.

A couple of incidents happened like a BMW new'ish hard top roadster parking itself on top of a kit car.....sideways! pictures on there way....otherwise you wouldn't believe me or Graham.

So....we survived...had a great day and cant complain...except i am upgrading disks and pads before next time.

Pictures to follow :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: Soon everyone will :bow: VR-4's:thumb:

bonsai boy
01-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Thanks Simon, it was a great day. - took my father with me - have to get him out of the house once a year!! :nono:

The weather was perfect, got there about 10 ish, by then you could see the heat haze coming of the track. perfect conditions. Looked to see who was out on the track and to my surprise!! there was VR4's resident track day warrior.

I was really impressed with the quality of cars - old and modern and it was good to see the comparisions. I was over the moon when Simon offered to take me out in his car on the track. It was a fantastic experience and Simon drove brilliantly - nothing got past us - as he knows the best lines round the circuit. I will have to try and remember them for the JapFest. Simon is right you had to see the kit car crash to believe it. So watch out for the photos. :Cry1: - this is the owner!!

Once again Simon thanks for a great day.

:cool1:

Simon
01-09-2003, 07:14 PM
The tenners in the post!:)

INSERT INTO post VALUES (i keep telling Claire im a good driver....she doesn't believe me!;) )

Pictures to follow asap