PDA

View Full Version : Blue headlight

Frentzen
06-04-2005, 11:45 AM
I've got blue/white headlight bulb from overseas and I've just installed it
It is looking pale blue.... with not much white color in it.
I like to find out if this headlight bulb is legal in new zealand.
will it fail WOF?

Nick Mann
06-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Looks very dim? Can you see where you are going?!

Frentzen
06-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Looks very dim? Can you see where you are going?!

Well...I purposely took the photo little dim....
It is blue but after like 5 minutes the light turns to little brighter colour

Yeah...to be honest.. yellow light I had before was much brighter... but the oncoming drivers didn't like it... they usually give me a high beam telling me it is too bright. But had no trouble with lights when getting WOF

Hmm... pure white light might be better than this blue??

Josh2xsv
08-04-2005, 02:41 AM
Well...I purposely took the photo little dim....
It is blue but after like 5 minutes the light turns to little brighter colour

Yeah...to be honest.. yellow light I had before was much brighter... but the oncoming drivers didn't like it... they usually give me a high beam telling me it is too bright. But had no trouble with lights when getting WOF

Hmm... pure white light might be better than this blue??
They look quite cool aye... If you're goin to get plain white bulbs, I'll take the blue ones off your hands?! No stress - just a thought lol :p

ThEbIrDmAn13
08-04-2005, 03:48 AM
what brand bulb is it? really if you want to get the best light production you need to get an H.I.D. kit...

p1_
08-04-2005, 10:07 AM
I was going to change to ice white or blue - not sure I will bother now :inquisiti

_simon_
08-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Blue head lights are illegal in NZ.
You can even get done for having certain white bulbs that have too much of a blue tint.

timmay556
12-04-2005, 03:42 AM
Im pritty sure they are fine. But what I really want to know is are them "Angel Eyes" legit for New Zealand roads?

Frentzen
12-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Well...I went to repco and also to the garage.... but they all said the light is ok
They also told me that they would buy that light bulb off me....
So I am just gonna switch back to normal light when getting WOF, and put it back on after..

VR4HOAR
13-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Well, HIDs aren't legal, our car got pulled up at compliance because they were too blue. Annoying thing is my mates Subaru has arctic blue bulbs (or something similar) and they are just as blue! Go figure.

Of course I'll put the HIDs back in once its all signed off :happy:

pagan
13-05-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm pretty sure they are illigal

Here is recent (well, feb-05) article from LandTransportNZ

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/vehicle-safety/get-your-lights-right.html

According to it HID convertion kits are not legal either :((

I went to VTNZ to have my HID tested and those guys didn't see any problems with brightness or the fact it is HID, however they told me that my lights may be too blue

Maybe next time my car is due for a warrant i should go to a local garage,
they should not be very strict

VR4HOAR
13-05-2005, 05:27 AM
Yeah, the guys at VINZ didn't know that they were HIDs, they just said they were too blue.

Interesting site: http://www.lvvta.org.nz under the Certed tab there are a couple of articles about blue bulbs.

pagan
13-05-2005, 11:49 AM
these are the lights they considered a bit too blue :)
but it does not stop me from ordering H7 "platinum white" bulbs (same color as on
trueno on the picture) and transfering HID kit to legnum in very short time

VR4HOAR
14-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Thats not blue, are they colour blind? isn't the reason that blue is illegal because people might get them confused with the police colours?

I wouldn't be pulling over if I saw ya!

As for my mates subaru, it turns out that it has HIDs aswell, but they must be factory spec. Question he had was what happens if he gets done for having HLs that are too blue, he can't put normal bulbs in them?