PDA

View Full Version : WTB FL VR4 ECU or suitable alternative

JWerts74
17-02-2022, 01:14 AM
Finally getting back on my feet after covid nearly ruined me........
Getting back to sorting the car out and my problems mentioned a while ago are 1st on the list I think I've actually managed to somewhat get away with it (touch wood) but for peace of mind and just general sensibility I'm going to change the ECU regardless.
Looking for FL VR4 auto as per title but I'm sure if I can use anything else you fine people will let me know. TIA
Also if anyone has a good alternator (the larger one) at a decent price I will most likely have it but can just get one from viamoto so not a huge problem.

Confused
17-02-2022, 08:35 AM
Can you remind us what the issue is, and why you think you need a new ECU?

I don't like seeing people spend money on things they think they need, I'd much rather spend some time trying to fix the issues rather than just replacing parts.

JWerts74
20-02-2022, 04:51 PM
She got jumped the wrong way unfortunately. Replaced the fuse that blew but now she runs off the battery until that goes and will only run after that if you keep the revs up slightly. Hopefully once the alternator is swapped that will be the end of it, however for peace of mind I'm going to swap the ECU regardless. Last thing I want is the ECU to crap itself on the M1 or something.

Confused
20-02-2022, 05:18 PM
If the car runs, then the ECU is likely fine, and I think you'd be spending money unnecessarily.

If, however, you later discover a specific issue, then lets investigate that.