PDA

View Full Version : End of the road for this ole V6 waagin!

pezza
06-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Having finally taken out the engine and gearbox (fun job) :leer: plus all the interior my old V6 is finally going to the crushers :bigcry:

I have managed to salvage (no pun intended) as much as I can, barring
the space I have to store, but it is now time to close the chapter on this one...
It's spirit lives on throughout the club in other cars though, which is good, including mine as I have managed to transfer loadsa bits as part of the ongoing transformation! :thumbsup:

Anyone need a moonroof or spare pre-facelift VR4 interior :rolleyes4

Bal dont worry those wheels its on in the pix below are not the ones you lent me LOL Those are sold :D (JOKIN)

In case you were wondering what it looks like now as opposed to BEFORE (http://www.aquavibe.demon.co.uk/mitz) ?

Pezz

ritch_w
06-04-2005, 04:57 PM
what about the doors etc - they must be worth a few bob to someone??

BraindG
06-04-2005, 05:06 PM
id be interested in the front driveshafts, providing they fit :)

pezza
06-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeh the doors (with what glass is left) are stored.. the pals who took the bits off are mistu mechanics with a few private customers who may need bits..

Barry, I think the drive shafts have been nabbed already!

Cheers

Pezz

BraindG
06-04-2005, 05:13 PM
No problems :)
How long did it tak eto strip everything off it?

pezza
06-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Well it's been in storage for 3 months or so.. so bits have been stripped off over those weeks..

The engine and gearbox was taken out on saturday, took about 2 hours with all the pipes and connections...and about another hour for moonroof, dash, airbags.. Prior to saturday bumper grill, interior, wheels and bodykit had been taken off..

Loox a sorry state now tho... :(

zentac
06-04-2005, 07:20 PM
looks in better condition than Project VX ;)

Lurch
06-04-2005, 08:16 PM
how much for the moon roof, other side is shipping cost to NZ ;) Unless someone knows somewhere local I can get one?

ThEbIrDmAn13
06-04-2005, 08:45 PM
if you want to sell the front bumper and grille i'll take it...

enigma
06-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Load cover.......please PM me ;)

pezza
07-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Sorry Birdman The bumper n grill will be used soon - had a *few* requests on it .... not surprisingly..

BDA I have already put the load cover aside.... did you want engine and gearbox?? /yes :happy: :rolleyes4 :thumbsup:

Lurch - The size of the sunroof cassette is hooooge!! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 I think shipping and packing alone may cost more than a new one :-) Are you trying to replace one on your car? Not sure about retro fitting these.. Cars from the factory with these rooves have extra strengthening in the roof plus pipe and cable work fitted...

Hmm I have not seen PVX for a while... I will go have a look ....

Lurch
07-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Retro fitting was the idea, but will be visiting a local sun roof place. Might be cheaper :)

WildCards
11-07-2005, 04:28 PM
That was a lovely looking car. What happened? (link to a thread?)

pezza
12-07-2005, 11:34 AM
That was a lovely looking car. What happened? (link to a thread?)

The car got rear-ended outside my house back in November... the tale is told HERE (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6018&highlight=gutted) .. its parts live on tho in the legnum .. (and some bits still taking up bits on my storage area).

which reminds me:

Anyone after the last section of exhaust - powerflow with twin tail trim (from V6 -24) ?

A v6-24 15 inch rim?

VR4 interior and before the rush starts :stop: its pre facelift.. seats door cards?

(I will start a new thread maybe) :oops:

Kieran
12-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Pezz - Did your V6 have the chrome plated Tiptronic gearshift plate? /Hmmm

;) :deal2: :deal2: /yes

pezza
12-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Pezz - Did your V6 have the chrome plated Tiptronic gearshift plate? /Hmmm

;) :deal2: :deal2: /yes

Aye it did Kieran, but its now in the leggie when I moved all of the interior...
I guess you were after it? :embarasse

It brightened up the centre console / along with that wood effect gearshift.

I did Wonder how much they are :inquisiti

Kieran
12-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Bah! Foiled again!!! :inquisiti

Yes, I was after it... The black plastic one looks a bit dull.....

Polabear
12-07-2005, 05:15 PM
which reminds me:

Anyone after the last section of exhaust - powerflow with twin tail trim (from V6 -24) ?

How much you thinkin of Derek...? any pics of it...? /Hmmm

psbarham
12-07-2005, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=pezza]

QUOTE]
how much ????????