PDA

View Full Version : WTB 1 piston (Engine) for 6A13TT

SAF68
27-05-2022, 09:43 AM
Hi,

I wanted to buy stock piston for 6A13 twin turbo engine. I need a piston because i can make custom forged piston to Ross compagny in USA.

https://www.rosspistons.com/

I have a contact in USA but he want a stock piston to be sure for the correct size.

Saf

elnevio
27-05-2022, 12:24 PM
Davezj might be able to confirm, but I believe there a actually a few very slightly different sizes of pistons? I don't know if one size would actually fit all cylinders.

metaripley
28-05-2022, 11:07 AM
Ive got a complete set of a engine with crankshaft bearing damage in Belgium.

Davezj
28-05-2022, 11:13 AM
there is one stanard piston size and 2 over bore sizes i think they are 0.5mm and 1.0mm over sized.

i do have an original spare stock piston and rod assembly.
i dont want to loose it as i might have to reuse it in the future and these things are getting very difficlt to get hold of.

so i will want it back.
but i dont see any reason why i cant let you borrow it to send off and get copied if it is going to make it possible to have a forged piston available for the VR4.

PM me your details and i canl arrange to send it over.
i will have to clean it up first as it still in the same state as it was when i removed it from the engine covered in oil and cabon. I find this preserves them well so they do not get damaged.

i can give you average weights of a piston and rod combo for the VR4 engine as i weighed and balancesd all the weights of all the pistons and rods before assembling my engines I still have the measurements somewhere.

SAF68
28-05-2022, 10:14 PM
Hi,

I understand, and for sure your piston will be back. The plan is to have a normal price for forged pistons from a solid compagny that is why i made a lot off mail and research.

I waiting to be sure if i need the piston and if yes, i will send you a paypal for the shipping to me .

Thank's ,

Saf

Davezj
29-05-2022, 11:33 PM
Where in the world are you based?

Davezj
29-05-2022, 11:51 PM
Saf,
what rods are you using for a forged build?
it has been a long time since i looked at a forged rod and piston combo.

SAF68
30-05-2022, 04:04 AM
I bought a set of Pauter

Saf

Ps: I'm in France

andyp_fto
07-06-2022, 06:29 PM
Hi..

Sorry I missed this thread ... I have 6 used but good condition pistons after a bearing failure. I am trying to rebuild engine with forged rods (I have) and am having a hard time getting pistons.

Wiseco list them for around $360 (US) but when I contacted distributors they quoted £1200 !!!

You are welcome to a standard piston if you can help me get hold of replacement forged ones. Ideally I am looking for oversized as it is folly to rebuild an engine at this expense and not rebore the cylinders.

Get in touch if you want a used standard piston or two.... andypierce1965@gmail.com may be better as I only dip in and out here when I remember lol