PDA

View Full Version : Air Intake question

ritch_w
30-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Hi,
I have noticed on my air intake INSERT INTO post VALUES (before air box) there is a small plastic box shaped item feeding off the main intake.
Also on the other side of the airbox, on the intake from airbox to enging, there is yet another small box attached to the underside of the intake pipe.

are these restrictors? will removing them INSERT INTO post VALUES (and plugging the holes) increase the flow of air into the engine??

INSERT INTO post VALUES (btw car is a v6sport, but from what ive seen of the vr4 the intakes are similar, if not the same).

thanks in advance

Simon
31-07-2003, 06:56 PM
will look into it and let you know....i need to sort the air intake on ours as at the moment it sucks in all of the hot air from the engine bay and i need it cold!!!!!!!

Simon
31-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Still looking into it INSERT INTO post VALUES (had to write that to push me over 100 posts;) )

bonsai boy
31-07-2003, 10:14 PM
has anyone seen or used the
pipercross cold air feed
been looking in to it and seems
to be an easy way to get more cold air
to the induction.all kits comewith 2blue/red rampipes
and ducting in diameters of
50mm
65mm
75mm
100mm

Japmetal
09-08-2003, 03:57 PM
Those boxes are resonator chambers, designed to quieten the noise of the intake; any BEFORE the filter you can just take off and leave the hole open, but any AFTER the filter [ie between the filter and the engine] you will need to seal the holes airtight [or near as you can get] to stop dirt & stuff getting into the engine.