PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate suspension system

Kieran
07-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Guys.... Just check this out and have a look at some of the videos!.......... Stunning!!!

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/learning/project_sound/bose_suspension.jsp&pageName=/automotive/innovations/index.jsp

Kenneth
07-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Looks pretty cool.

I dont think this is 100% new though, I read somewhere that they had a suspension setup similar (active hydraulic suspension) in F1, but as usual with any real performance enhancing innovation, it got banned.

Wodjno
10-04-2005, 09:18 PM
The Citroen Xantia Activa has a similar suspension set up .. They reckon that the car will never tilt more than Half a Degree from Horizontal by small hydraulic rams fixed to the anti roll bar .. Think this has been on the Xantia for about 10 years or so ..

What is the price on this BOSE system ??

Kenneth
10-04-2005, 09:32 PM
What is the price on this BOSE system ??

Don't think you can buy it yet... I looked around, and couldn't find any reference to it being on sale.

Would love a set though... would really be something to show off!

hehe, I wonder how well it deals with mounting kerbs...

Would be interesting to see how the suspension behaves in a crash... wouldn't want it to go spastic if you accidently entered a ditch on the side of the road when over cooking it comming out of a tight corner.

Wodjno
10-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Maybe with could modify the ones from the xantia to fit our cars . :inquisiti :rolleyes4

Hmmmmmm !!

I'll get me coat .. :embarasse

WildCards
14-07-2005, 04:38 PM
In the Xantia for comfort rather than performance? Cus the Xantia handles awfully.