PDA

View Full Version : bored at work

Ultra VR-4
30-07-2003, 11:55 PM
I guess i thought more kiwis would use this forum. but lately doesnt look like it. im just bored at work and was hoping to talk to some of you NZers about vr4's.

well ive had my vr4 for about 4 months now and can say that although it is an awesome automobile it aint cheap running it.
from about $120 a week gas, mainly driving to and from work in traffic, to the $90 oil changes every 5000kms and the $900 services every 10,000kms to keep up with the warrenty.
oh yeah and the soon to come $900 tyres. Im just stoked that i will be getting a new job soon which will hopefully put some 17"rims on my car :D

PS: I have 16" factory mags on my car. Anyone know any good tyres INSERT INTO post VALUES (not to expensive) that are good all rounders?
I have been looking for the best deal.

Spirit
31-07-2003, 12:35 AM
You are bored and I am awake - 12.45am here in UK :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

I am also surprised at how little the NZ forums are being used - come on guys:D

Pescha
31-07-2003, 03:00 AM
Well last night I went thru each profile to see how many New Zealand members we actually have here. We have a total of 23 members! I was pretty stoked at that!

Ok geez that is a awfully lot of money! for your VR4 hun!

Gas per week $30 = 180kms
Full service $185 INSERT INTO post VALUES (oops I meant $128.35) Shame on me get it right girl!

Have you applied for a VIP card at repco, partsmaster and/or appco? As you can get up to 30% off product at these stores with the VIP card. Just go in and ask for a application form. I think minimum discount is 15%, but thats better than nothing. And try sedgidens at the Auckland airport for oil and filters they are fairly cheap compared to most places.

Tyres I'm unsure as I go thru my father who gets half price discount:p

Hope this helps...

Pescha!:o

demon
11-08-2003, 07:06 AM
Ok Pesha, $185 for a FULL service. You may need to start a new forum here. I guess you are doing the oil change yourself, that is easy. What about the rest?
AYC service etc, costly. i havn't had to have a service yet, can't wait!!

KiwiTT
04-09-2003, 01:31 AM
I expected an increase in servicing and running costs. The price we pay for an affordable Dream Car.

Remember you have the equivalent of a V8 in power/torque so along comes the fuel usage we all know about for powerful cars. However I use only 25% more than my last for equivalent kms.

Also, it is a hi-tech car. Needing more special attention.

Best of all my wife says we can afford it, if it makes you happy. Remember, we work to live and to live is to drive a VR-4.

SGHOM
04-09-2003, 04:04 PM
"WE WORK TO LIVE, & TO LIVE IS TO DRIVE A VR4" now wouldn't that look cool on a clubvr4 tee shirt ??:D :D

Ultra VR-4
04-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Well, as a matter of fact, I have some friends who make t-shirts of performance cars. Their label is called bamboo, but when I spoke with one of them last time, to see if they could make a VR4 t-shirt, he said he needed at least 10 orders to make it worth while...

Check out their website:
www.bamboo8.com

SGHOM
04-09-2003, 10:03 PM
has anyone ever seen how a logo is actually made for a shirt/ tee shirt ??

Ultra VR-4
04-09-2003, 10:06 PM
yep, used to study graphic design.

Its usually screen printed, unless embroided...
they just make the plates INSERT INTO post VALUES (like stencils) and paint on the logo.

KiwiTT
04-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by interlec
"WE WORK TO LIVE, & TO LIVE IS TO DRIVE A VR4" now wouldn't that look cool on a clubvr4 tee shirt ??:D :D

I may work on some VR-4 Club Logos, incorporating this phrase. Some combination of CLUBVR4 logo, Ralliart, and the phrase underneath as a monogram badge.

eg. CLUBVR4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (Large Letters, VR4 in Red)
Ralliart INSERT INTO post VALUES (Underneath, around the same length)
We work to live INSERT INTO post VALUES (All letters in Italics)
& to live is to drive a VR4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (VR4 in Red)

Should I use "VR4" or "VR-4"

SGHOM
04-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Ultra VR-4
yep, used to study graphic design.

Its usually screen printed, unless embroided...
they just make the plates INSERT INTO post VALUES (like stencils) and paint on the logo. no ! no ! no ! ................. your thoughts are input to the computer, when you are happy with the result, it is put on a floppy disc, put into the sewing machine, and 1 minute later....... an embroiderd shirt comes out !!! I was gobsmacked .:D :D