PDA

View Full Version : General help needed

je077
11-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi, I need some help with a few things,
I have a powersteering noise, fluid ok, belt tight. Where and how much would a new pump be?
I also need a front towing hook cover (bottom centre of front valance) colour is the dark purple.
Any help would be appreciated. /help

Physician
11-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi,

Can you explain the noise a bit better? Are YOU fairly certain it's the pump?

New pump from Mitsubishi in the region of £650.

Obviously at that price it's better to try and find a second hand one ...... which should be in the region of £100 'ish.

If all else fails I can put you in touch with a Company that can test the pressure of the pump to see if it's knackered - but of course you will then be without your car for a while. Even if it is knackered they can refurb it for you.

Richard

Jimbo
11-04-2005, 04:31 PM
I can help you with the tow-hook cover.....I recently bought a replacement one for mine (then proceeding to lose it again about 2 weeks later.....but that's another story :rolleyes4 ). Unfortunately They cost an extortionate thirty-odd-quid (for a small bit of slightly molded plastic), but they can be ordered from any Mitsy garage. Expect to wait about 2 - 6 weeks for delivery.

By the way, the type you need is dependent on your car as they appear to have at least two different shapes (pos more?) between pre and post facelift cars.

I have the part no for a facelift Galaxy White one - may be of some use to help narrow your search if your Mitsy garage are as hopeless as mine were! PM me if you need it and I'll dig it out.....

je077
11-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the help guys, the steering noise is only when i steer left and the actual noise is like a medium high pitch, kind of like inflating a tyre with a 12v inflator. It started after a quick run back from cornwall to southampton yesterday and seems to be worse today.
As far as the front tow hook cover, my VR4 is S reg, dont know about face lift but it hasnt got what i call the front valance side smiles.
One more thing - how do you get pics on this web site, either on my profile or just to show you guys.

Nick Mann
11-04-2005, 08:49 PM
When posting, below the text box is a 'manage attachments' box. Upload you pictures here. They must be less than 620 pixels wide.

Looking forward to seeing it!

je077
11-04-2005, 10:06 PM
This is my new baby :thumbsup:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4600&stc=1