PDA

View Full Version : High flow catalytic converter + downpipe

Marxus
10-09-2023, 08:22 PM
Hey hive-intelligence!

I was already looking the forum with only little luck. As the title says, I would look for an 3" high flow cat, as de-cat is not an option. I think I have read somewhere that EVO6 3" cats are plug and play, but I cannot find the thread anymore! Can somebody confirm? Or name some alternatives?
And is someone doing downpipes? fassi1 is not active anymore as far as I have seen.

I have found something here but I am not sure if that is a serious offer:
https://shop.rpw.com.au/product/front-pipe-mitsubishi-6a13-dohc-24v-turbo/

Would be like 240 Euros for a set of handmade downpipes.. I am not that experienced but that sounds way too cheap to be true

Going for a Fujitsubo Legalis R. Which will arrive after christmas (will be my christmas present to myself)

KR Lukas

Confused
11-09-2023, 04:08 PM
Unfortunately I think RPW are the only place actively making and selling downpipes.

Have you factored in sales tax, shipping and import duties into your price - you'll probably find overall the price about doubles...

Else, it's off to a local fabricator for a one-off, but probably also at similar price levels...

Marxus
12-09-2023, 03:29 PM
Honestly, I was hoping that someone would come and say "ah yeah, fassi still produces them, I can text him" :D

Import from Australia with an oversize package to Central Europe.. If it is the same as with the Fujitsubo, I will pay about 3 times the price of the downpipe only for shipping (for the Futjitsubo it seems like I will need to pay almost the same for shipping as for the exhaust itself, from Japan, 650 GPB shipping :upsidedow). Most likely it would then even be cheaper to get a custom one locally.

But it seems as you have already heard of RPW, that already raises trust in them. I have not, that's why I was not sure if it is wise to go and look somewhere else.. Thank you!