PDA

View Full Version : As If You Could Ever Forget......

Spirit
01-08-2003, 12:51 AM
........September 11th 2001

This is not sick, it's not a joke either. This is just a reminder of the horrific events of that day that will live with many of us for the rest of our lives.

Some of the images are breathtaking but stand as a memorial to those poor souls. Take a look.

http://www.911digitalarchive.org/diganimbackup/americaattacked/index1.html

PUDD
01-08-2003, 01:24 AM
:mad: most horrific thing i have ever seen.we'll never forget.
lets just hope as many as possible ,had NO suffering at all:Cry1:

Pescha
01-08-2003, 04:08 AM
Well *sniff* :Cry1: I think thats a fantastic tribute! I always cry...

Thanks for sharing this site with us Pete, it took awhile to load but well worth it!

Cheers,
Pescha!

Nick VR4
01-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Sends Shivers down my spine
I still get chocked seeing pics extra about this horrific event
I was at work and left to watch it at a mates house
We have various offices in the US and some where shut

My mate was flying to US when the first plane struck
He was diverted to New Foundland INSERT INTO post VALUES (Gander) and spent 5 days there he had no contact with his wife for 2 days as triple band phones dont work and phone lines are prety bad too we were worried to say the least

New York Times also published a book on the tragady
I'm still trying to get hold of one

Also please remember to the Troops still in Iraq

Spirit
01-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Your right Nick - let's not forget ALL the troops out there, not just ours

SGHOM
01-08-2003, 10:41 PM
I was only 5 when president Kennedy was assasinated,so I dont remember too much about it , but I will never forget 9 / 11. where I was, & who I was with. when Andy walked in the room & said a plane had crashed into the world trade centre, I was waiting for the punch line. little did I know then, what was about to unfold, those live pictures were truly horrific.

Derek. [ interlec ]

Brind
01-08-2003, 11:23 PM
I was working at the time but the people had the TV on and called us in to see it, we all watched as if to say wow.. that's good effects.. what? little did we know REALLY what had happened.
Certainly not a day to forget, but 'if only' the Americans had listened to us they may have been more aware of what could have happened and at least make it harder for such a thing to happen.
Either way.. certainly wasn't a very nice day.