PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Alarm

Roadrunner
01-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Does anyone have any documentation on Cobra alarms? Standard fitment INSERT INTO post VALUES (I believe) on UK Galants, after-market fitment on mine. Would like to know how to reset it if it causes problems.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Nick VR4
01-08-2003, 12:41 PM
The only way would be going back to Dealer or people that fitted alarm
You should have a small like looking pen that you insert in the dash somewhere and it overrides alarm if the fob stops working
If you loose fob you can purchase a new fob and reset the alarm to recognise new one

Cheers Nick

Roadrunner
01-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Thanks Nick,

Yep, got the "pen" thing INSERT INTO post VALUES (and know where to stick it ;) ). Just looking for some words that could explain what to do in words of few syllables :)

Cheers,
Brian

Nick VR4
01-08-2003, 02:56 PM
ok try this
Phone 01923 479207
Tell them you have a SP029602 Elite 3 Security System
And can they send you the User instructions as the Dealer never gave you it

If you get really stuck I can possibly get it scanned or Photo copied and sent to you

easy peasy
;)

Roadrunner
01-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Cheers, Nick. I'll try the number. Ta :)

Brind
01-08-2003, 07:06 PM
I have this too, I'll scan the pages later if you like.

If you have a problem I'm sure a quick probe with that 'stick thing' correct name isn't it? would stop any panicking.
One word of caution... don't use the 'stick thing' if you have the ignition dash board lights on as this is what wipes all the info from the key fobs.

Darren
01-08-2003, 07:38 PM
I had a problem with frequency drift when I was in Edinburgh once. Thing stranded me there for hours. You need to reset the frequency on it by holding both buttons on for 3 seconds.But if you hold em too long it forgets it.

Roadrunner
02-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Cheers, chaps :) I'll get back to you if I get stuck and need the scanned pages.

Many thanks,
Brian